Is obesity the last accepted prejudice?

melbee
on 7/21/12 11:22 am, edited 7/21/12 11:22 am
VSG on 10/17/12
there will always be @$$!% that will try to tear other people down. You are out there, bettering yourself... what is he doing to better himself?! Certainly, not trying to be an open-minded, compassionate human being. I think you already know you are better than him, that's why you were able to keep your cool and rise above it.

But with that said, if I were at Wegmans that day (I'm from B-lo too) I would have jammed a grocery cart so far up his arse he would have needed a temporary placard himself. :)
Sherrie P.
on 7/21/12 11:34 am
RNY on 02/06/13
I am very sorry that happened to you.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you could have said or done probably to change that jerk-face. Anyone that has that audacity and low-rent personality is just trash and would not hear anything you had to say anyway. 

I grew up fat and bullied in elementary school.  No one stuck up for me. No one wanted to associate with the fat girl, because it would bring their reputation down too.  I was one of 2 fat kids in my grade, now there are way more overweight kids in school and it may be better, with the entire anti-bullying initiative -- but I still think way too many people think it is ok to make fun of us.

Asshole adults breed the same kind of kids... and the cycle continues.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Lady Lithia
on 7/21/12 2:04 pm
That reminds me of my first postop fourth of July, we went to watch a baseball game in the nosebleed seats. This woman seated behind us was speaking with all kinds of expletives and her kids had similar language usage. At one point I got a solid Thwack! to my shoulder. I turned halfway in my seat and she went off on me. "Stupid Fat C**t, who the F*** do you think you are? You fat B****!" This was all in response to a half-turn on my part to see what had happened. The kids laughed and the 7 or 8 year old boy started to take a few more potshots at my head/shoulders/arms with his tennis shoes. Before it could escalate the woman's male companion -- perhaps not quite as drunk -- dragged the whole family away from their seats, making it possible for me to enjoy my evening.

Rude intolerable people like this abound. Most the time I don't have to tolerate it.

It's rough, though, when this type of personality is the parent of one of my kids I'm trying to teach. The amount of abuse that has been heaped on me as a public school teacher is incredible.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

happy_baker
on 7/21/12 12:17 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
Your story made me think of something my mother said a while ago.

She's a people pleaser. She will bend over backwards, lie, and manipulate facts just to keep people happy. I mean, it's almost compulsive.

I asked her once why it bothers her so much when people are upset, and she replied, "It's one thing to be called a ***** I can handle being called a ***** But when you look like me, I'm never just a ***** I'm a FAT ***** People always seem to need to tag that little adjective on the front, and that's the part I can't handle. So I don't risk ******g people off."

And the thing is, she's 5'4" and about 220 lbs. She's heavy, but she's not enormous. And yet apparently, she's been called that before, and it really jabbed a barb in her heart.

Why people feel the need to do that to others is beyond me.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
garnetgal
on 7/21/12 12:52 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
 Maybe that was part of my issue at the time Charlie. ***** being prefaced with fat because just being called a ***** normally doesn't upset me. I usually would just respond with "You say that like its a bad thing." mostly because I've learned that ***** is an acronym.... Babe in total control (of) herself!

kidnamedtoad
on 7/21/12 1:56 pm
You handled yourself beautifully.  Obviously that man has some deep seated anger issues to go off on a total stranger for nothing.  He needs help. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
bliss1203
on 7/21/12 5:09 pm - souderton, PA
 I'm so sorry you has to go through this.  :(
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views