Itchy Inner Thighs?

PeakTek78
on 7/24/12 6:38 am - Liverpool, NY
Hi all.  I hope this finds you well.  August 10th will mark 8 months post-op and I'm down about 105 lbs. from the day of surgery and about 125 lbs. total.  And, you all have been so kind and supportive through the ups and downs.  Thank you so much.

I'm wondering if any of you have itchy skin on your inner thighs?  I don't have too much excess skin, some in my arms, and some in my inner thighs.  The excess skin on my inner thighs is very, very itch - borderline rash-like.  I have an appointment with my Doctor in a couple weeks and will cover it with him then, but in the interim, I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience?

As always, any thoughts would be appreciated.  

Pat

christinalee
on 7/24/12 8:04 am - At Home in, NH
Nope can't say I have, but I highly, highly recommend investing in a good moisturizing lotion and applying it liberally after your daily shower, without fail.

My excess thigh skin gets a daily coating of body butter/cream. While it doesn't do anything to improve the appearance, at least I don't suffer from dry skin itch.

Good luck!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

BWB
on 7/24/12 9:10 am
My abdomen has periods of itching and I have attributed it to the  loss of fat under the skin and changes my body is going through. I asked my doctor several months ago and he didn't know.  Sorry,  that isn't much help.

alwaysloyal
on 7/24/12 11:17 am - MI
It could be a yeast infection.Get some jock itch cream from the dollar store.Yeast thrives in warm moist areas so dry real good after your showers and use powder.
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 12:34 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Use some cornstarch baby powder after you've showered, it helps cut down on the moisture. If the jock itch stuff doesn't work, tell your doctor. They make oral meds for it, one is called Diflucan.

Good luck & great job on the weight loss!