Afraid of the puree stage...lol

Missy A.
on 7/24/12 6:00 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I am so afraid of the puree stage out of all of our food stages. I DON'T LIKE PUREED FOODS! Lol. I can't even handle the thought of pureeing tuna or chicken. How can I get passed this? What other foods were you allowed to eat at this stage. My NUT said no potatoes, so no mashed ones for me. Any ideas/suggestions is greatly appreciated!
Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/24/12 6:16 am
bariatricfoodie.com and the worldaccordingtoeggface.com. Also, my NUT specified foods that are mushy already--no pureeing foods that are solid. Don't be afraid, though. There are plenty of options. I particularly liked ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce and refried beans with a dab of cheese.
unewillow
on 7/24/12 6:31 am - CT
Puree's was the stage I was most afraid of as well...thinking about eating baby food consistency made me gag.

I ate A LOT of:

ricotta sweetened with Splenda
ricotta mixed with tomato sauce and nuked
refried beans with cheese nuked
Hormel chili & beans (it was mushy enough I didn't bother blending it down)
egg salad (i think because it stays thick and deviled egg like, i was fine with it pureed)
soup (progresso's minestrone, lentil, mac &bean...again, mushy enough I didn't blend)
yogurt
cottage cheese

chatterpam
on 7/24/12 7:50 am, edited 7/23/12 7:50 pm - PA
I am with you! The thought of pureed meat still makes me heave... I lived on pureed bean with bacon soup, pureed split pear with ham soup, cottage cheese, yogurt, baby peaches/mixed fruit and protein drinks. I put Wendy's chili in my food processor and it wasn't too bad either. Hang in there - it will be over soon!

lmaosmileyfacenz
on 7/24/12 7:52 am
Im on it now and i like it lol (but then again i was on liquids for 6 weeks including pre op), im aloud poached and scrambled eggs that arent pureed  and light cheese slices aswell but i have to chew them really well

Lady Lithia
on 7/24/12 8:02 am
I never ONCE used a blender since the day I had my WLS. My surgeon's "mushy phase" had a lot of latitude (it considered protein bars a puree?)

I ate foods that were naturally mushy, and I didn't blend a darn thing. Refried beans were one of my favorites.

Found out I couldn't tolerate tuna though that was also a "puree" as far as my plan was concerned (all cooked fish makes me nauseous). But while my diet lacked imagination, and the puree phase was FIVE WEEKS, I got through it without even once resorting to anything that was even close to baby food (shudder)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

wendydettmer
on 7/24/12 8:41 am - Rochester, NY
i never puree'ed anything. i was allowed super soft food, like mushy canned tuna, mushy canned chicken, etc etc. only thing i blended was my shakes.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

BWB
on 7/24/12 9:01 am
 I had cream soups left over from the liquid diet so I used the food processer with chicken, salmon, shrimp, beef stew, and veggies.  I'm still alive!

Larry Wassmann
on 7/24/12 9:28 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
An easy thing I did so I did not have to eat the same thing all the time was to get some of the diet TV dinners. Take the main part out and puree it. It looks like cat food, but look at the box cover and just eat it....was not really that bad. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

GirlyQ
on 7/24/12 10:06 am - ID
RNY on 07/30/12
Me too!  Everything on my food list for that stage looks OK except for the meat....ewww.  I am wondering if by the time I am at that stage, it will sound better.  I guess I will see next week. Good luck to you! 
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 55 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 359 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 302 views