body odor??

vogel_girl
on 8/3/12 6:29 am
I have noticed since my surgery that I had to find stronger deodorant. Has anyone else noticed their body odor is stronger??
rynbiz
on 8/3/12 6:38 am - Surprise, AZ
my surgery is monday but from my twentys i weight lifted so eat tons of protein and had that problem im sure its the high protein is the culprit.. i reamber when i eat alot of protein my gas could clear the room

hedrider
on 8/3/12 6:43 am - Midlothian, TX
 I did during my rapid loss phase, but I don't know if it really was worse or if I was just more sensitive to smells.  Lots of smells seemed stronger to me.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Dave Chambers
on 8/3/12 6:44 am - Mira Loma, CA
Ketosis is what is going on. Toxins are leaving your body. You may have a metal taste in your mouth, bad breath and body odor all at the same time.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

katiedid_911
on 8/3/12 8:25 am
I'm almost 2 years out and noticed in the past 3 months or so, I've had body odor and excessive sweating under my arms.  It got to bad I went to mens deodorant and that still didn't work.  I went to the doctor and he prescribed prescription strength deodorant.  It works, but it burns and makes my under arms break out. 
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Rebecki65
on 8/3/12 3:09 pm - OR
RNY on 08/20/12
I'm pre-op and I've been wondering what was going on too.  I thought it was because I switched deodorant, but went back to my previous deodorant, and I still have a stronger under arm odor.  I've been drinking two protein shakes a day and eating more high protein and low carb.  I didn't know that ketosis would do this.  I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me.

Thanks for bringing this up and thanks for the info!

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!      
HW: 243  CW: 157  SW: 217
RNY: 8/20/12  Age: 48 Height: 5'3"

I've lost 86lbs!  Lost 90, but the honeymoon phase is over.  Now the real work begins!

UnbreakableMe
on 8/4/12 12:42 am
RNY on 06/06/12
Welcome to the Stinky world of Ketosis.. It will pass, and you will notice your sweet smelling self again.. This is just one of the bumps on the road to healthy.. Good luck!!

"For I know the Plans I have for you" ...Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?