sugar free syrups??

dizzylizzy19
on 8/25/12 8:21 pm - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
OK, I'm in the pre-op planning craziness.  In the past week, I've bought all kinds of measuring things.  I got jello shooter "cups" which basically are 2 oz medicine cups that have lids for freezing purees, etc as well as packing my lunches.

I also picked up sugar free syrups today (almond, rasperry and peach) and while I knew I needed them, I don't remember what people's suggestions were!!!  Help me! 
Carmen C.
on 8/25/12 1:46 pm, edited 8/25/12 1:47 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
I have never seen that type of sugar free syrup- i just stacked on protein powder, splenda, crystal light, deli meat, yogurt, and flavored co**** vanilla extrac****er bottle - to ensure I was getting all my fluids.

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

madeformore
on 8/25/12 9:04 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12
I had sugar free caramel and sugar free raspberry. I use the caramel way more than the raspberry.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/25/12 9:35 pm - OH
The only thing I ever used the syrups for were to add flavor to protein shakes or to make snow cones.  I had four large bottles and the only one I used all of was black cherry. The others are still sitting, about 1/3 to 1/2 used in my pantry (5 years later).  I definitely wouldn't categorize SF syrup as a must have item, but I also didn't buy anything special for measuring, storing, serving, etc.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

BeccaM76
on 8/25/12 10:04 pm
I use them for my blended protein smoothies and blended coffee. I use the fruit flavored ones in my lemonade Crystal Light, tastes great. Some people use them to sweeten plain yogurt.

LiciaLou
on 8/26/12 2:36 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
I am right there with you on the pre op planning. I feel like I'm nesting just like I did before I had my daughter lol.

I had $1 off coupons for Torrani syrups so I got SF Caramel & SF Raspberry.

I'm planning on using the caramel in protein shakes (chocolate, pb2 & caramel .. snickers?) & the raspberry I am going to put in my greek yogurt w/a lil SF cheesecake pudding.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/26/12 5:01 am
I use sf syrups  A LOT!!  While on my pre-op diet (6 weeks of Optifast) I used sf hazelnut or sf carmel with vanilla optifast in my morning coffee.  So it was like having a latte every morning for breakfast. 
After surgery I switched from Optifast (too much sugar) to other protein powder.  I continued to have a latte for about 6 months post op for breakfast.

I use the fruity ones (black cherry, peach, raspberry) for cold protein shakes or for a refrigerator oatmeal that I make (oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds, sf syrup, fruit).

I use sf coconut syrup in hot chocolate (think almond joy).

I use sf caramel in sf apple cider drink.

You can add it to greek yogurt
You can add it to cottage cheese or ricotta cheese (especially early post op)
you can add it to sf pudding (replace some of the milk) and add protein powder as well

the options are endless...

Winnie

DangerGirl
on 8/26/12 5:41 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

DaVinchi makes a sugar free Root Beer Syrup that I can't live with out - LOL  I put some of that with some French Vanilla and my shakes taste just like a Root Beer float.  It feels so decadent.

wendydettmer
on 8/26/12 5:44 am - Rochester, NY
i tried super hard to plan ahead and was very worried about having everything i needed.

i didnt' use anything special at all post op - other then i bought an extra few sets of measuring cups because i use the 1/4 cup all the time. i did buy 2 oz disposable containers - never used them.

for bowls, i usually use my kids bowls or the smaller ziploc containers. i guess those are 'special', but i had them around already.

my suggestion is to realize that it's a lifelong journey, and special things aren't really needed. i do understand the nervous energy though!

i use sugar free syrup to flavor protein shakes and to make my protein cake thingie.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

jeterway
on 8/26/12 6:35 am
I use the sugar free syrups with my greek yogurt.  I take a cup of greek yogurt, a tablespoon or 2 of sugar free cheesecake pudding and couple shots of a flavored syrup to change up my greek yogurt every day.  Adding the syrup makes the yogurt loose so adding the sf pudding firms it back up.  You can also add some fresh berries or some nuts depending on what flavor of syrup you used.

Most Active
Recent Topics