Update - work wanting me to postpone

semitchell1972
on 9/11/12 5:19 pm
 I went to my primary care today to talk about work wanting me to postpone my surgery. She said absolutely positively not. She even wrote a letter to my employer stating that delaying surgery any longer could be detrimental to my health. I will turn that letter in at work tomorrow and see how it goes. This could get interesting. I am going to make sure I keep a copy of the letter for my records. So, that also means that I will be having surgery 5 weeks from today. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. Looking forward to getting on with the rest of my life. 
MissK123456789
on 9/11/12 5:25 pm - PA
Good luck.  I hope your employer doesn't give you a hard time.
OH2012
on 9/11/12 6:34 pm - OH
Best Wishes!!!
GraceGirl
on 9/11/12 7:52 pm
Good Luck!!!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Carmen C.
on 9/11/12 8:18 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
 Good luck .. If you are in fmla and qualify for fmla you don't need their approval .. My work tried to get me to postpone it 8 weeks after my bosses vacation I had to go I hr and get them involved .. I don't have to tell her everything going on .. Just that I will be out .. Wish u luck

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

UBet2012
on 9/11/12 8:24 pm - IL
RNY on 09/17/12
I don't understand how your work could deny you? Because it's an elective surgery? Due to the privacy laws, they have no business as to what surgery you are having. If your doctor says you need surgery, that should be good enough!
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/12 8:29 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
I hope they don't give you any grief and see that your health is at stake here. Good luck tomorrow!
daphneb
on 9/11/12 9:03 pm - AK
 Good thing you have a doctor that is willing to go the extra distance for you.  Get your FMLA papers in order and move ahead like you planned.  How dare an employer infringe on your right to better health!  Boy, there are some ignorant stupid people out there.  Let me guess, it must be someone who will have to do your work while your gone?!

Sorry, it made me angry to read this... Do this for you and no one else.  I'm sorry you have to deal with the workplace being a tad unreasonable.  

Look onward, life is about to get a whole lot better! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 9 views
Recent Topics