5 year anniversary I think I can do this LOL

HollyBear
on 9/14/12 4:29 pm
 So my 5 year anniversary was yesterday and I think I can finally say I can do this :)
 I looked back over my measurements and am very happy to say that I am almost exactly the same size I was at my one year anniversary  when Dr Fischer told me to not lose any more weight...that said I have actually gained some weight due to the workouts I've started doing the past year.   I can say, happily even with the 8 extra pounds, the past year has been the healtiest for me since my journey began, I was finally able to put aside the fear of failure and begin living for the now, I work out like crazy, because I choose to be healthy, to have strong muscles to support my softening bones, to keep up with my grandkids, and to do all the things I wanted to do in my 20's and 30's. I eat for the taste for the nutrition for the joy of family, not for the feelings I used to get from eating. I have learned that  food really can be your friend, and it ok to admit sometimes "dangit I'm really not done tasting that"...and to move on.  
Do I have it all figured out...nope, not even close, but I'm getting closer, and I know that every day that goes by, that I remember my vitamins, eat well, exercise and take time for me, I'll keep getting that little baby step closer.
Good luck to everyone who is just starting out, who is struggling, who is making it, who is making a decision or is just getting through today.  Take today and make it yours.  It is amazing what you can do with it!
Holly
garnetgal
on 9/14/12 4:39 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
Congratulations on maintaining. I know for me that your success will inspire me whenever I'm lucky enough to get to the maintenance phase!

anewbeginning2012
on 9/14/12 4:48 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Thanks for the inspiration Holly! It is wonderful hearing about a few years down the road doesn't have to have a gain in it. I want to gain LIFE 
 Kris        
Skinnygirlme
on 9/14/12 5:33 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Thank you for sharing! Very inspiring!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
RonSudol
on 9/14/12 6:02 pm - NJ
now THATS whats up! congrats!

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

BWB
on 9/14/12 6:09 pm
I appreciate hearing a 5 yr success story. I need to think about the future more. Thanks a bunch. AND you look great. Congratulations.

Dee.spunk
on 9/14/12 10:01 pm - Sacramento, CA
Like! :D

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Chirs H.
on 9/14/12 11:16 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing your success with us!
Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

jenni93
on 9/15/12 6:18 am
Holly, thanks so much for taking the time to post about your long term success.  At 21 months post-op, these are the stories that mean the most to me.  I've had awesome success so far - lost 144 pounds in 16 months, maintaining now for 5 months, at 14 pounds below my goal weight.  Like others, I still live daily with the fear of regain.  Maybe I should say it's more of a healthy respect and wariness.  But I do LOVE to hear from others who have had long-term success.  I know there are many who don't maintain their loss, and I'm determined not to be one of them.  Still, I'm pretty sure they all felt that way at one time as well.  Anyway, thanks for your words of wisdom.  You and others like you are my heroes!
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

tulips52
on 9/15/12 8:43 am
 Thanks for sharing your experience. I'd love to be at 5yrs and be as successful as you!!