anyone have problems with acid?

ashleym6888
on 9/16/12 11:35 pm - CA
RNY on 08/30/12 with
nothing is working for my acid reflux i dont know what to do
artroxy blue
on 9/17/12 3:18 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Are you taking anything like Pepcid or Prilosec? That has helped me to keep it in check. 

I'd call your doctor in the AM to find out if you can take something like these. Good luck!
Dave Chambers
on 9/17/12 6:24 am - Mira Loma, CA

Are you still a preop?  Your profile page has no surgery date.  RNY typically eliminated GERD in almost all post ops.  Typically most post ops are put on either Prilosec or Nexium, of a similar product.  There are a small percentage of RNY post ops who end up on these meds long term, as they feel better daily using them. Intial usage of these meds helps with the healing process from surgery. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

marianthelibrarian
on 9/17/12 7:48 am
I had acid reflux pre-op, and I've had heartburn problems post-op.  I've been on Nexium for a while-- it's what I was taking pre-op.  As a post-op, the Nexium once a day wasn't cutting it.  So I was taking it in the morning and Axid at night.  That still wasn't quite doing it for me, so my doctor put me on Nexium twice per day, which required insurance pre-approval.  That has done the trick!  I'm not sure how long I'll be taking it this way-- I'm only six weeks or so post-op.

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 10:38 am
I read your previous post and this might not be acid reflux.

You need to get an appointment with your surgeon NOW so he can run tests and see what's going on.

The ER you went to were idiots.
ashleym6888
on 9/17/12 10:43 am - CA
RNY on 08/30/12 with
 The er is connected to my obesity center I had my surgery there. I told him to call the on call surgeon and he said it is not an emergency and said he saw post nasal drip. Adviced me to take Zyrtec daily and mylanta. 
exohexoh
on 9/17/12 11:06 am - West Chester, PA
 i had awful reflux 24/7 pre-op. when i had my barium swallow the dr looking at it was like woah! haha. i haven't had even the slightest bit since surgery, and haven't taken prilosec since 3 months post-op (which is how long i was prescribed it for by the surgeon)

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics