Living

itsjustmeyousee
on 9/26/12 9:17 pm
 I am entering what I call the "living" phase of my Wls. I will be 2 years out on 10/18/12. I have lost 135. Lbs and wearing a 6/8. I am now to the point where I am trying to find my daily calorie range. 
I am comfortably in a 5 lb range from my lowest weight. 
It is a hard transition to make-from the almost effortless losing to the terrifying maintaining. 
Anyone have any thoughts, advice or general commiseration  to add to this? I do work out, I'm a runner now :-) I run 3 miles at least 3x per week. 
Thanks for always being there to listen!

LisaAnne
10/18/10

Kim S.
on 9/27/12 12:19 am - Helena, AL

Maintenance is by far the hardest (and longest!) part of the journey.  It takes a while to figure out what a normal day of eating is to keep weight the same.  I will tell you this-as a runner, you'll need more than the average bear.  I too am a runner, and I eat 6-7 small meals a day, at about 1,800-2,000 calories per day-120+ grams of protein and carbs.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is don't be afraid to eat-your body needs fuel.  And good, complex carbs ARE NOT THE ENEMY!  For goodness sakes, have some sweet potatoes or whole grain stuff each day!

Also, don't live in denial.  Life involves food, and you are going to fall face first into a cupcake or two every now and then.  AND THAT IS OKAY.  Just up the cardio a bit when you overindulge....that is what thin people do-they eat what they want and compensate with more movement.

Enjoy life, and never completely forget where you came from-that formerly obese person is always in our rear view mirror-you just have to outrun her!  We will always be obese....we are just in remission.

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/12 4:42 am
Excellent analogy!  Jane
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views