maybe someone can help?

ashleym6888
on 10/3/12 2:18 pm - CA
RNY on 08/30/12 with
im going on 5 weeks post op. on monday night i was having severe pain on my right kidney and had signs of urinary tract infection. the er doctor said it was likely i passed a kidney stone due to the amount of blood in my urine. i was very nausous that day and have been since. i can't eat anything because im so nausous so drinking my protein and water. i also think im very constipated i haven't gone since the beginning of the weekend. anybody have similar problems. i think im so nausous because im constipated and i have gas pains but i can't go. anyone recommend a good stool softner or laxative? or can tell me their experiences with kidney stones after wls/ rny.
thanks! also i still haven't lost a lb since my 3rd week post op.
Kelly L.
on 10/3/12 2:24 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 Oh, that sucks! I have no knowledge about the kidney stones but.. Colace might help you go potty...jeesh, hope you feel better soon!

HW 274. CW 129

Ladytazz
on 10/3/12 2:46 pm
My surgeon said Milk of Magnesia was okay to use after surgery.  I also take Miralax daily and I still have issues with constipation.  Stool softeners should be fine, too. I don't have any problems with kidney stones so I can't help you there but I know that dehydration can cause nausea so try and get your fluids.  Ask your doctor for something for the nausea if it doesn't get better.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

BugdocMom
on 10/3/12 3:31 pm - CA
Milk of Magnesia is good for getting things going quickly then daily doses (I take 1/2 dose a day in a hot beverage) of Miralax (or the generic) will keep you regular after you fix the problem.
Susan2012
on 10/3/12 5:35 pm
 I use smooth move tea. Available at GNC. Also take 2 colace.. Works good for me. 

Jen V.
on 10/3/12 6:08 pm - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

I also like smooth move tea.

mg220
on 10/4/12 12:10 am
RNY on 08/08/12
At one point after my surgery I was soooo constipated and did not want to wait for anything orally to work so I took an enema. Not the most plesent thing in the world but it worked.
Meg

Surgery Date: August 8th, 2012
HW: 285 / Surgery Day Weight: 274 / CW: 237.5 / Goal Weight: 160

"BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD"
-GANDHI

AlohaJen
on 10/4/12 12:27 am
RNY on 09/05/12
My surgeon told me to take Dulcolax 3 times a day until you get relief.  I had that prob alot in the beginning.  When you are getting in your fluids, it really keeps things moving.  Also, for the kidney stones, drink lemonade at least once a week. Something in the acid of th lemons, keeps the stones from forming.  Some of my family members had them all the time until a urologist told them that tip and they have been stone free since. Good Luck!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Lindsay J.
on 10/4/12 6:35 am - Minot, ND
RNY on 09/05/12
Smooth move is great tea, also Get Regular by Yogi is another great option. 2 bags steeped in 8ozs gets things moving. Plus it's available at walmart in the tea isle.

EAP-Fan
on 10/6/12 11:44 pm
Don't know about kidney stones Thank God, I have had my times  with consitpation, in the last few months I have been eating mini shredded wheats like a snack, no vaule as far as protien, but it sure did help my bowles, I go like clock work now, I'm 20 mo's out. being only 5 weeks out, I would soak them in warm water to soften them, squeeze excess water out. I hope this info helps you, best of luck. 
Most Active
Recent Topics