Scared/Confused

Nikia S.
on 10/8/12 11:00 am - Garland, TX
Had surgery on 10/04. I feel like I have forgot everything I learned within the last year. Everything seems so overwhelming! Anyone else experience this?? Any tips?

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Pittsteelers
on 10/8/12 11:10 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Between the pain meds and all the sleeping I did I forgot a lot too. I relied mostly on the paperwork my doctors office gave me.

Nikia S.
on 10/8/12 11:17 am - Garland, TX
Thanks!

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

ShebasMom
on 10/8/12 11:34 am
Revision on 07/05/16
It's actually normal. Anesthesia and hormone shifts can do that. Over time, what you've learned  will come back.  When I feel overwhelmed, I just focus on that day.  And I've done that a lot  in my life, especially when I was in nursing school and working full time or after my surgery, until I got into a routine.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

LiciaLou
on 10/8/12 12:23 pm - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Oh I was freaking out for the first month thinking I had turned into a jello brain. I am in a legal studies program (3rd semester); went to class and my professors were using first semester terms that I needed a legal dictionary for. It was horrible. I am just now getting my grove back & all my lingo has finally come back lol.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

dasie
on 10/8/12 8:07 pm
I believe for many of us these feelings are completely normal.  One of the things I did was keep my packet with all the information on vitamins, the food stages, the amounts, etc., on my desk so I could read and re-read as much as I needed.  Keep reviewing your info, and take it one day at a time.  Make notes, or mental notes, on what works and what doesn't work, i.e., what upsets your pouch, etc.  Do not be surprised if you can drink/eat something one day only to find the next time you drink/eat that same food does not work for you.  Just remember the list is a guideline.  We were reminded we are all different meaning just because an item is on your list does not mean it may work particularly well for you.  It is a little overwhelming at first, but you'll settle into the routine quickly.

shellbell75
on 10/8/12 9:09 pm
I was in the medical field for 15 years before surgery, so I thought 'I got this'. After surgery, I felt the same was as you. I would just keep reading all the packets and books I got from my surgeon. It's one thing to know it, but it's a whole nother thing to apply it! You got this!
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Kim S.
on 10/8/12 11:15 pm - Helena, AL
Lord yes!  We ALL felt that way at some point or another.

Take a deep breath.  The main thing you need to focus on is sipping tha****er and walking.  Read the information that you have from classes and the doctor.  And don't forget-we are here for you 24/7!

Concentrate on healing and DO NOT OVERDO IT! 

Nikia S.
on 10/8/12 11:40 pm - Garland, TX
Thank you all so much!!! Yall are the BEST!

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313