eating

sybibi17
on 10/10/12 8:00 am - Rockville, MD
I am two weeks out, going to three weeks tomorrow.  I have been eating pureed foods, but in the process, I have been eating salmon, yes it is pureed however, in some cases there are pieces that are not pureed.  I was wondering does the pain stop when the food is going down the esophagus? If so when? On my third week, I am to start eating soft foods, and I would like to eat broiled fish that is not pureed. But I just don't want to have this harsh feeling in my esophagus, when the food is going down my pipes.  Please someone help.  In addition, does anyone drink these Whey liquid drinks for the rest of their lives in order to obtain 80grams of protein?  These things are soooo nasty, but I force myself to drink them so I can retain my protein intake.
Kay1975
on 10/10/12 8:04 am - PA
I eat salmon smashed really good with a little bit of melted cheese or mayo.  If I dont chew it well enough then it hurts me too.  I use the body fortress whey from walmart.  It is vanilla.  I put it in my water once a day with orange MIO.. it taste like orangecicle.  It is good to me.  I only do it once as it gives me 26g protein.  I get the rest in food.  I also do the ATKINS protein shakes.  Its 15g protein.  Those two things help me get my protein easily.  I am three weeks out.  GOod luck..  Hope this helps.

Kay Kay

sybibi17
on 10/10/12 8:12 am - Rockville, MD
Thank you for the reply. I will try it!
nkara
on 10/10/12 8:43 am
 Only eat what you can tolerate.  It will be trial and error.  It still is with me and I'm 9 months out. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

sybibi17
on 10/10/12 8:45 am - Rockville, MD
Wow 9 months out.... your right about the trial and error.
Dee.spunk
on 10/10/12 9:03 am - Sacramento, CA
Yup, you just gotta try new things one at a time and see if you tolerate it. Just this week I had some homemade chili with cheese and for some reason I wasn't able to tolerate it and ended up throwing up. And this is something I've had before. So sometimes you'll eat something which sits well and then you'll eat it again and it doesn't work. Eggs is one of those hit or miss for me too.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

sybibi17
on 10/10/12 9:10 am - Rockville, MD
Interesting... i will have to definitely keep an eye out for that.
tinamarie_125
on 10/10/12 9:24 am
For some reason, the only fish that I could tolerate in the beginning was tuna, with mayo. The moister the better. And yeah I am 3+ years out and I still turn to the whey protien shakes. But...I make mine tasty by adding things to them, peanut butter, cinnamon, a splash of coffee for an iced coffee. I will throw one or 2 strawberries in them. I know its adding a small amnt of sugar, but atleast it makes it appealing to me. I buy just the vanilla protien powder so then I can add whatever I want to it.
sybibi17
on 10/10/12 9:43 am - Rockville, MD
Thanks, i wil try that with the Gladiator protein strawberry shake.
65rosesmom
on 10/10/12 9:49 am
 I was eating soft foods by three weeks and did fine with them.  If you have something that bugs you, just go back to greek yogurt or sf pudding.   I HATE the protein shakes.  I buy unflavored protein powder and mix it with many things to boost my protein intake without adding the yucky flavor....I add it to pudding, yogurt, mashed potatoes, and my favorite is decaf latte with SF syrups.  I have them use skim milk, so you get 7 grams of protein in the milk (or 8?) and then 10 or so from a scoop of protein powder.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
Recent Topics