eating

JanBooth
on 10/10/12 1:20 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
I'm not a big fan of sweets, so the sweet protein shakes have been difficult for me to tolerate...especially the whey.  I've found sugar free syrups in different flavors, in the coffee aisle at our store, that I add about a teaspoon with the vanilla cream whey shake...yummy!  I also have added about half of a EAS chocolate shake to coffee, then I just finish the shake later.  I'm finding variety is the key for me.  Good luck! 
garnetgal
on 10/10/12 1:33 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
Even though it is pureed you still need to make sure you chew, chew, chew! When food is properly chewed it shouldn't hurt. Trust me I've been there, in the beginning I could not eat scrambled eggs without that horrible it's stuck feeling and getting the foamies. I've recently added scrambled eggs back into my diet and haven't had a problem with them at all! I normally get about 100 grams of protein per day all through food. I will add a scoop of unflavored protein to my s/f pudding to up the protein grams there and you can also add some powdered milk to increase the protein. On occaision I will eat a protein bar, but for the most part I eat eggs, steak, fish, low fat deli ham made into rollups or deli turkey rolled up. Also peanut butter on a slice of apple. I also eat nuts once a day. So that is something you can look forward to when you can eat crunchy foods. I do like the Syntax Nector using the Cherry and a lemonade Crystal Light with some ice so it's kind of slushy, but I really consider that a treat! At 3 weeks out your stoma and pouch are still healing and all the swelling hasn't gone down yet, so be patient, this to shall pass! Good luck on your journey!

sybibi17
on 10/10/12 1:39 pm - Rockville, MD
Thank you both for that insight. I'm taking everything in.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 298 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 566 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 557 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 286 views
Recent Topics