HELP needed....

brenlee1965
on 10/10/12 10:54 pm - New Berlin, NY
I am NOT getting in my liquids during the day. I cannot tolerate really cold water now (which I used to love) although s/f popsicles I can tolerate and use to help when my lips are so dry. I need HELP. Looking for ideas as to how you manage to get the liquid in each day. I know it's important...My skin is so dry! My lips are chapped! Problem that I do have is that if I sip to big, my chest hurts! I need to get this under control before I get back to work on Monday.
 Bren                
MultiMom
on 10/10/12 11:02 pm - NH
 Hi Bren,

As little as 1 oz every 10 minutes will give you plenty of fluids during the day. I started out with a timer and a small shot glass that I had marked to the 1 oz fill and that worked for me. A small digital timer (or cell phone timer) would give you the reminder. Trying to look at a 64 oz bottle and think "I have to drink ALL THAT!" seems overwhelming and hard to do. Sipping 1 oz at a time of room temp water is much easier.

Good luck!! You MUST keep hydrated!!!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

65rosesmom
on 10/10/12 11:06 pm
 I have the same problem with ice cold water.   I keep a water bottle out of the fridge so it isn't too cold.  I do better with ice tea than water, so I put a packet of crystal light peach ice tea in the water.  I carry it everywhere and just try to sip.   I'm struggling to get in all my liquids every day too.   One of the things I find is that if you have a no caffeine protein drink it counts.  I got a sample of a orange flavored protein clear.  It was pretty good and killed both the protein and liquid birds with the same stone.   I think I'll order more of those.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/10/12 11:12 pm
RNY on 09/17/12

I don't have a problem with cold drinks, but remember everything you DO drink counts.  Try some unsweetened apple juice watered down or cranberry juice watered down.  Warm tea, hot chocolate, coffee w/protein.  Good luck.  I have a problem getting all my protein in...so I'm working on that.  It's a process for sure!!!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

AlohaJen
on 10/10/12 11:25 pm
RNY on 09/05/12
Hi Bren, I am worried about the same thing, as I go back to work next week too!  I am  not getting in all of my protein either..... I am living on the SF popsicles and I think I may take some of them and keep them in the freezer at work. I work on a computer all day and have my own cubicle, so I can drink or eat whatever I want all day.  I think the suggestion that one of the ladies above said was a great idea, just keep a shot glass and a timer around and keep at it.  Do you have any ideas about how to get all of our protein in?  We just don't eat enough or often to get it in.... Good luck !

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Heidi T.
on 10/10/12 11:47 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 I needed to try different things, I ended up drinking water with mio in it. I chose a flavoring that I could tolerate, try your fluid at diffferent temps. Also remember that your protein shakes count towards your fluid. If you are under 32 oz for more than 3 days I would call my surgeon so that he can decided if you need to go in and get fluids.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
devalissh
on 10/11/12 12:43 am - TX
snow cones, and diet swiss miss is helping me alot.  I am still having a hard time with it also

Bebhihn
on 10/11/12 2:03 am - IA
Have you tried chewing ice cubes?  I sometimes added a lemon to my water and that seemed to help.  It'll get better.  I was the same way right after surgery. 
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

Jewelsstevens
on 10/11/12 4:30 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I have to add flavoring to my water or I cannot get it in. I like the SF Hawaiin Punch single serve packets. I do not understand why that makes it easier to drink, but it does. It is almost like it "softens" the water lol.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/11/12 4:38 am
I drink hot no caff tea, such as those made by Celestial Seasonings. Warmth is often soothing on the stomach whereas cold is jarring and can cause stomach cramps. I like no caff tea for the variety of flavors and the portability.

Try drinking your water cool but not really cold. Now I can tolerate icy water, but I couldn't for many months. I drink two drinks at a time-a glass of water and a cup of tea. I easily get in all my fluids by doubling up.

Also, you might need a little bit of fat in your diet. When I was getting too little, I had dry scaly skin no matter how much moisturizer I used.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views