Vitamins

dacia57
on 10/12/12 1:02 pm
Just curious how many people still use chewable vitamins? I am not sure if I can handle chewing all of the vitamins we have to take. Just wondering how many use capsules.
poet_kelly
on 10/12/12 1:09 pm - OH
The only chewables I use are calcium, and that's just once in a while.  All my other vitamins are pills or capsules.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

misssparky
on 10/12/12 3:00 pm - MO
 I use the Centrum Senior Chewables and find that they are good.
Thank God for the wonderful gift of WLS.  Use it wisely as the tool it is meant to be and hold yourself accountable for the rest of the journey!!!

KAREN

wmamey
on 10/12/12 10:26 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
I like my chewables at the moment. Just like the idea that maybe it might be easier to digest. Probably no difference at all and I am sure that I will switch eventually.

Cheryle
on 10/12/12 10:46 pm - VA
could the readers post their vitamins and schedules for taking them and how far out you are ?

me
6 months, same as i started as suggested by surgeon

flinstones complete 7 am, 7 pm
b12 sublingual 500 7 am
i added biotin and a magesium still loseing strands of hair, but not like it was at 4 months.

calcium citratae, baraitic chewable 500  9am, 12pm, 4pm, 9pm  - would like to find something else for here

poet_kelly
on 10/12/12 11:41 pm - OH
On October 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM Pacific Time, Cheryle wrote:
could the readers post their vitamins and schedules for taking them and how far out you are ?

me
6 months, same as i started as suggested by surgeon

flinstones complete 7 am, 7 pm
b12 sublingual 500 7 am
i added biotin and a magesium still loseing strands of hair, but not like it was at 4 months.

calcium citratae, baraitic chewable 500  9am, 12pm, 4pm, 9pm  - would like to find something else for here

I hate to hear that your surgeon recommends Flintstones.  Even though it says "complete" on the label, they aren't really complete, they are missing several important nutrients.  That's why the ASMBS says we should use an adult multi.  We need one with 100% of the RDA of most things.

Here's my schedule.  I'm four years out.

Breakfast - multi (Centrum or generic equivalent), 500 mg calcium citrate (generic) 50,000 IU D3 (vitalady) three times a week, 25, 000 IU vitamin A (vitalady) three times a week, 50 mg zinc (vitalady) twice a week.

Lunch - 500 mg calcium citrate, Upcal D, Calcet creamy bite, or BA caramel chew

Dinner - multi, 500 mg calcium citrate (generic), 500 mg magnesium oxide (vitalady)

Bedtime - 75 mg carbonyl iron (sundown perfect iron) 500 mg vitamin C (generic)

B12 shot, 1000 mcg once a week

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 129 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?