is it ok to get wet?

AmberF
on 10/14/12 11:36 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
I had my surgery friday to remove my band. I have one big cut and one little one. they used something called seri strips ( I thnk) so there are not stichechs my nurse to me I could shower on Monday and believe me it was definately time for one. Well the strips coving my insisions got a little wet. I dried the off. The nurse said they would fall off when they were ready but I dont want them to fall off because there wet and im not healed all the way. Any ideas?
LiciaLou
on 10/14/12 11:38 pm - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
You're fine. I had steri strips after my c/section & after the staples came out from RNY. They get wet & look a little floppy but they are meant to. Just pat dry instead of rub & they should stay on 5 - 7 days. GL!

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

weaverwoman
on 10/15/12 12:44 am - TX
Steri strips will come off gradually, and will start to peel up at the edges after a few days.  You can use scissors to carefully trim off the peeling edges and they will last a few extra days.  You should be fine to get  them wet in the shower under running water, but no tub baths, swimming pool, etc. 

melaniepl
on 10/15/12 2:13 am - St. Petersburg, FL
RNY on 09/05/12
I came home from my RNY with steri-strips. You'll be fine! Let soapy water run over them to keep things clean, and pat them dry when you're drying off. They'll start falling off over the next couple of weeks.
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." - Nora Ephron

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

RonSudol
on 10/15/12 3:02 am - NJ
all i know is, Given the Title, i got excited to click on this Post..

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

poet_kelly
on 10/15/12 3:19 am - OH

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics