Whole Multivitamins?

BeccaM76
on 10/17/12 12:40 am
I'm 5mo post op and I was wondering if it's ok to swallow the multis whole.  I get the Costco brand ones.  For some reason swallowing my pills is making me really nauseous lately and I'd like to lessen the number of pills I need to swallow.  Thanks!

justinplex
on 10/17/12 12:46 am - Kilgore, TX
I got the 1 a day gummies and think ill stick to em. They arent too expensive and u can chew or suck on em..
 Justin T. Johnson                            
poet_kelly
on 10/17/12 1:42 am - OH
On October 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM Pacific Time, justinplex wrote:
I got the 1 a day gummies and think ill stick to em. They arent too expensive and u can chew or suck on em..
But what about all the things missing from them?  The missing B vitamins, the copper, selenium, vitamin K, etc?  Are you taking all those in addition to those gummies?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gbsinsatx
on 10/17/12 12:52 am - San Antonio, TX
  • I take mine with food so I will not get nauseous.
  •  
  • Breakfast: 1 Multi Vitamin/Mineral, 2-300mg Calcium Citrate,
  • 1-500mcg B12 Sublingual Dot, 1 Vita Lady Tender Dry 5000 IU Vitamin D3 capsule, 1-100mg B1 tablet, 1-200mcg Selenium tablet
  •  
  • Lunch: 1-300mg Calcium Citrate, 1 packet Orange Coromega Omega 3 Squeeze
  •  
  • Non-Calcium Snack: 1-500mg Vitamin C, 2 Sundown 25mg Carbonyl Perfect Iron ***take 2 hours from Calcium/Dairy Products***
  •  
  • Dinner: 1 Multi Vitamin/Mineral, 2-300mg Calcium Citrate

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Michelle G.
on 10/17/12 12:52 am
RNY on 08/15/12
I was told at my 1 month post-op that we could swallow pills whole.  I take mine whole now.  I made the mistake of taking both multis this morning in the same swallow and really paid the price for that, so just remember to take them one at a time and you'll probably be fine!

BeccaM76
on 10/17/12 1:01 am
Thank you for the replies! I will swallow them whole now :D

garnetgal
on 10/17/12 1:03 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
I use Centrum Silver tablets and swallow them with no problem. I actually just got done with a course of antibiotics... and managed to swallow those huge horse pills without any issues either!

Larry Wassmann
on 10/17/12 1:30 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I used to take liquid vitamins that I got at Costco. Sometimes they do not have them so the last time I got some I got the Nature Made Full Strength MINIs. They are small soft gels. I tested them in water and they dissolve quickly. Because they are soft gels they go down easy and you can find this brand almost anywhere. I compared the ingredients and they are similar to other vitamins on the market and you only have to take one per day. I have tested some other tablets and they did not dissolve even over night. I am concerned that they may just sit in the pouch and not go down real well. A friend took a tablet and it got stuck down there and he had to have a procedure done to correct the problem. I do not want that so always check to see how well the things I take dissolve.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

poet_kelly
on 10/17/12 1:42 am - OH
Unless you have some issue that causes you to have trouble swallowing pills, then yeah, you can swallow them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mistrider
on 10/17/12 2:05 am - Canada
i appreciate this information as well because I thought you always had to chew them up to get the max benefit of the vitamin. Thanks  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics