2 almost 3 wk stall...HELP!!!

marty69
on 10/17/12 11:50 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
The scale has not moved in almost 3 wks!!!! not a pound! I have upped my activity BIG time and gut back my portions to 1/4 cup and cut out all but 1 snack. total calories under 1000 for the day. What else can I do??? It's p*ss*^# me off. (sorry for the language just REALLY upset.) Any advice would be wonderful guys. I have noticed some shrinkage. But I have a mini goal of being back at 300 lbs by my birthday on dec 29th and i have 49 lbs to lose at this rate I wont make it!!! and that thought just brings me to tears......

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

artroxy blue
on 10/18/12 12:20 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 You probably need to eat a little more. If you've upped your exercise a lot, your body is saying, "Whoa! You're cutting calories AND making me work harder? I don't think so!"  Also, how are you doing with your water intake?

Andrew L.
on 10/18/12 1:10 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
On October 18, 2012 at 7:20 AM Pacific Time, artrox wrote:
 You probably need to eat a little more. If you've upped your exercise a lot, your body is saying, "Whoa! You're cutting calories AND making me work harder? I don't think so!"  Also, how are you doing with your water intake?
When I was having stalls that lasted weeks on end my Doc had me increase my intake by adding a protein shake and making sure I got my water in. It broke me through both times. My weight loss has been a series of stalls 1,2 sometimes 3 weeks and a rapid drop then a stall and drop ect....strange but I have become used to it.
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

CindyKae64
on 10/18/12 12:33 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I agree with the previous post, your body is probably reacting to the added exercise and wondering where the calories are. I was just experiencing this same thing and I my scale just moved, so hang in there! It will happen.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

TXKashmir
on 10/18/12 12:41 am - Grand Prairie, TX
First, take a deep breath and calm down - I can feel your frustration coming through - it's gonna be OK. Weight loss is not always a steady, predictable drop - your weight will fluctuate up and down, and sometimes not at all.It sounds like you're following the plan so I'm confident you will be successful in the long run. At four months out, you're still well in your honeymoon phase, and will still experience significant loss.

The best advice I can give you (or anyone on this journey) is not to focus so hard on the number on the scale. The scale is a useful tool to help track progress, but if it is upsetting you to the point of tears, get rid of it - it's no longer useful. Marty, you are worth more than a number, my friend!

Why not make your birthday goal something tangible? You could buy a cute outfit a size or two too small to fit in, and see if you can wear it on your birthday? Or set a fitness goal? It's those real-life victories that matter - these also include compliments, resolved health issues, and day to day things like fitting better in the world (cars, booths, airplanes, theater seats) or not being the biggest person in the room. After all, these are the reasons we got WLS - improved quality of life!

Best of luck to you, sweetie!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

jujubee4224
on 10/18/12 12:43 am
RNY on 04/09/12
I had problem with slow weight loss and mini stalls during my first 3 months. Since then, I have found that if I "mix things up" a little, it keeps my body confused and I keep steadily losing. I will increase/decrease my calorie/protein consumption, take a few days off from exercise, change the time of day that I do exercise. I also eat different foods, vary my meals and for me, it seems to work. I had my 6 month appt last week and was down 80 pounds and my dr was thrilled. As of this morning, I am down 85 pounds, so it works for me. I don't count calories, I eat protein forward and quit when I am satisfied. My caloric intake is low, my tracker tells me...I get on average about 500-600 calories a day but I don't stress about it. Make sure you get all (and more of) your fluids in. It will happen. Variety is the spice of life

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views