New to site! optifast?

Alta M.
on 1/5/13 11:04 am - Dover, DE
RNY on 01/14/13

I'm new to this site..does anyone have any tips for helping with hunger while on the optifast diet two weeks prior to surgery? 

Heidi T.
on 1/5/13 1:07 pm
RNY on 01/31/12

Drink alot of water, and keep moving, no watching tv, way to many comercials that promote food. THe extreme hunger should only last a week while you detox. You can do this.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Amanda M.
on 1/5/13 2:49 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
Extreme hunger will last a few days. Then it gets easier. I had to do 10 days before, but ended up postponing my surgery due to an illness. So now I start my liquid diet again on Tuesday. I am not nervous at all. In fact, I am kind of excited. The weight loss was awesome, and after the first few days I started to feel pretty good.

During detox, you are likely to have headaches and maybe some mild lightheadedness. Its normal. Remember no NSAIDs, and drink a ton of water. You will likely pee constantly, have diarrhea, and possibly smelly gas. Have fun!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/9/13 10:38 pm - OH

This is a good time to learn the difference between physical hunger, head hunger, and even thirst (which we sometimes mistakenly interpret as hunger. You are probably experiencing a bit of all three right now.  So, if you think you are physically hungry, drink a full glass if water.  If you are still hungry, you then know it isn't thirst masquerading as hunger. 

Lora  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.