Feeling discouraged

RNYMelanie
on 1/10/13 5:10 am - Erie, PA

Hey everyone... just having a sad blah moment. I just feel like I am doing everything my nut and surgeon said to do to a T but I feel like I am losing the weight so slowly. I am down 41 pounds, yesterday was 8 weeks post op. I know you aren't supposed to compare yourself to other people but it seems like most people are losing the weight a lot faster than me..... I just don't know what I could be doing wrong if I am following the plan. I am currently 325 pounds and have so much to lose still, I just get discouraged thinking I got this surgery and the weight is still coming off slow. Sorry I just needed to get this off my chest, I've been crying this afternoon.

MultiMom
on 1/10/13 5:18 am - NH

Hey Hon,, the hormones being released from your fat cells are making you cry! You are losing on average over 5 pounds a week!!!! That's awesome  Even if you were "only" losing 2 pounds a week you would be at goal in 18 months.

Take a deep breath and probably you should put the scale away and only weigh once a month. You are losing at a fantastic rate.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

MultiMom
on 1/10/13 5:20 am - NH

Oh, my first 8 weeks I lost 14 pounds!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Kim S.
on 1/10/13 5:28 am - Helena, AL

Yep-what Multimom said.

Please do not compare yourself to anyone.  Your journey is your own.  Put that scale up and only weigh once a month.  And, keep doing what you are doing.  Are you exercising?  It really helps with weight loss and it releases endorphins, which make you happy.

Hugs-and I promise if you look back at your post in a year you'll giggle (while wearing a pair of skinny jeans).

val6715
on 1/10/13 5:41 am - NJ

I have been stuck on one number for about two weeks now (I am 4 months out today) Have lost 54 pounds. BUT! My back measurement has gone from 44 inches to 36 inches. And over all I have lost tones of inches. Feel great and I know I will be losing more once I get back to exercising (back injury). Keep believing in yourself and you will be fine. Protein, water, and exercise (walk)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/10/13 5:53 am

Oh, honey, hardly anyone thinks they are losing fast enough. Your average weight loss is 5.125 pounds a week. You are roaring along, trust me. I don't think there are many people who are losing faster than you, but even if there are, this is all about you.

I know it's hard when you want to hurry up and get it done, but keep your chin up. Your weight will come off.

take care

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

ShebasMom
on 1/10/13 6:48 am
Revision on 07/05/16

You are doing well! My weight loss was even slower and I leaned to accept that.  I agree, put the scale away.  I weigh myself once a week, first thing in the morning, before b-fast and after I pee...that is considered your dry weight.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Tammy S.
on 1/10/13 7:15 am - DE
I think you're doing great! I have lost 50 total, but only 20 of that is since my surgery 5 weeks ago. But I feel good. I am seeing the changes in my body and I have started exercising. I didn't put it on overnight, it won't come off that way either. Just keep making good choices and it will come off.....good luck!

biggbabeefornow
on 1/10/13 8:15 am - brownstown, MI

It's okay to go through different emotions we have all been there I have been at a stall for months but I just keep at it some progress is better than no progress and one minute it will seem like your not losing and then you will look up and have lost more lbs. than you thought and dont weigh yourself every day it will drive you crazy maybe once every couple of weeks and good luck stay on your journey

sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
RNYMelanie
on 1/10/13 9:13 am - Erie, PA

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 401 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 391 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 284 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 183 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?