constipation......

emt_amy
on 1/16/13 1:58 am - MN
So i had exploratory surgery Friday and I still have not had a bowel movement. Kinda worried here..... I had a bowel obstruction/ kinked intestine so I'm assuming that's part of the reason I haven't gone yet. Taking miralax twice a day, increased fiber, lots of water. Took the mom they gave me. Nothing! Got any ideas?

Scherrie Tappin
on 1/16/13 2:01 am - CT

Yes, try raw baby carrots! They work wonders for me!

I tried everything to help with the constipation I experienced after having bariatric surgery, and nothing helped until I started eating baby carrots and now I go everyday without a problem.

RNY 5/25/2011                        
emt_amy
on 1/16/13 2:04 am - MN
Hmm....ill give it a try. I'm technically supposed to be back on pureed food till Friday but I can eat regular food without problem.

poet_kelly
on 1/16/13 2:09 am - OH

I'd call the surgeon's office and ask if they are concerned that you havent gone yet and if so, what they recommend.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

emt_amy
on 1/16/13 2:12 am - MN
I did Monday and they weren't worried. Told me miralax twice a day.

Cindyagogo
on 1/16/13 10:20 am
RNY on 02/21/12

I was told to make  a prune juice and miralax ****tail. worked like a charm after WLS.

I just had knee surgery and was told to eat strawberries, cantaloupe and something else...(senior moment) to ehlp with the constipation. Extra fiber?

emt_amy
on 1/16/13 10:44 am - MN
*shudder* prune juice...... I think I will use that last. Lol not a fan, had to give it to one of the ladies I took care of every morning along with rehydrated prunes. She was so afraid of getting constipated, she had such loose stools to begin with.

I'm doin the benefiber in everything, and eating those yummy chocolate chip cookie bars that are 90 calories.

I'm gonna call them tomorrow morning cuz nothing happened all day today besides gas.

afiallen
on 1/16/13 11:24 am - NC
I had a bowel obstruction two weeks after my initial surgery, and ended having emergency surgery to remove a kink caused by an adhesion. I was given MOM and intravenous fluids for about 4 days straight before I had a movement. I was also encouraged to get up and walk as much as possible to help things along. I joked with the nurses that when I finally had a movement, I was going to sing no matter what time of day or night it was. It finally happened around 3a.m. on the 4th day. I sang "Oh happy day", no kidding, that was one of the happiest days of my life.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views