New here and just getting started

Jhbean21
on 1/17/13 2:03 am - MD
RNY on 09/17/13
Hi everyone! I've been on this board for a few weeks now just reading and learning from all of you. I must say that you all have a wealth if knowledge and I look forward to getting to know you.

I had my first appt with the surgeon and NUT yesterday and I'm very excited to say ill be having my RNY in late June or early Aug!

I went out and bought all my vitamins today along with a huge pill case to take multiple times a day. I was wondering...is there was a place to get your vitamins cheaper (like amazon or vitamin shoppe)? Also, I have read on here that we can't absorb the d3 that is in oil as post-op. Where do you get the 'dry' D3 tablets?

Thanks in advance!
Zachariah
on 1/17/13 2:25 am

I got mine from Vitamin Cottage.  They have a huge selection of vitamins and health food, so if one is in your area you might try there.  I don't know of any way to really get vitamins cheap, they're all so expensive.

Zachariah-Still crazy after all these years!

Adrianne_Dawn
on 1/17/13 2:31 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

I take Vitamin D Gummies, You can find them at pretty much any store and they taste good. hahaha

Also - The best place I go for vitamins is Walgreens or Rite-aid. If you go when they have a sale on your brand you can often times get Buy 1 get 1 free or 1/2 off.  Like last week I got two things of Vitamin D gummies for the price of 1. :)

Good luck on your journey!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/17/13 2:56 am

Hello and welcome. You can get dry D from Vitalady.com, as well as lots of other things. I do buy some of my vitamins at Vitamin Shoppe too, especially when there is a sale.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Dee.spunk
on 1/17/13 3:21 am - Sacramento, CA
I get my vitamins at Costco. Their calcium citrate (kirklands) has vitamin d3 included in it. You can also get it at Walmart though.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 483 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 484 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics