Follow up with doctor

lah1981
on 2/6/13 4:46 am

It's been 2 weeks and 2 days since my surgery and I've lost 24 lbs. My doctor said I'm right on track. I was moved up to real food but was a little shocked at what they want me to eat. Everything is meat mostly. I know it's for the protein but I would not think that would  be the best foods to eat first?

poet_kelly
on 2/6/13 4:57 am - OH

Why do you think meat would not be a good thing to eat?  If you don't want to eat meat (I don't eat any meat,  haven't for more than 25 years), you can eat other foods high in protein, like Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, other cheeses, tofu, and beans.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 2/6/13 5:08 am

Congrats on your weight loss!!  My program was similar.  I was only allowed lean meats and green leafy vegetables for a long time after the first week of clear liquids only.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Rabdkitty
on 2/6/13 5:23 am

I'm also 2 weeks, and 2 days out and have lost about the same amount of weight as you. My appointment is friday. I'm not feeling as well as you seem to be. I got so sick Monday night with crippling waves of gas pains and was up all night. It's subsiding now (doctor has me set up for tests tomorrow) but I feel like it's set me back about a week in my recovery. I'm somewhat nauseous so the protein shakes are difficult to take, especially with the aftertaste left in my mouth. I have no urge to eat and all I want is ice cold water. I'm also somewhat depressed the last few days as I'm still unable to sleep on my side and not getting enough rest. I cried today for the first time and questioned why I did this to myself.  My mother, who had the same surgery 18 months ago says this will pass and I'll be happy I had this done. Anxiously waiting for that day to come.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm truly happy that you're doing well.  

lah1981
on 2/6/13 5:47 am

I'm so sorry your not feeling well.  I also have had many thoughts of regret. I ordered some protein shakes online and there the only ones i can get down. Feel free to email me... the more support the better.

apurdie
on 2/6/13 8:32 am - CA

Everything seemed difficult until I was eating more regular food, after 6 weeks!

LadyLilMax
on 2/6/13 8:55 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Same for me, 6 weeks was the real turning point, I think!  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
Recent Topics