How are your emotions?

Sherry T.
on 2/26/13 7:58 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Yesterday was not a good day for me, I woke up really not in a good place and then let the scale further dictate my bad mood.  Not a good thing, to know me, you'd know I am the most easy going laid back, calm almost wall flower//doormat person you'd ever meet.  However, with that said, When I was questioned about my faith yesterday morning by a "friend".  I went on the defensive.  I'm better this morning but I'm not sure why I let it get the better of me and certainly not sure why I chewed him out about it.  Poor guy, has retreated and doesn't want to see where this will lead.  Not sure myself I wanted it to go anywhere but one, I'm hurt that I hurt him and 2) If you are my friend, then you'd understand the stress and toll my life is taking on me right now.  So, I digress....not sure where I'm going with this post, just wondering if you ever wake up with the weight of the world on you and do something regrettable.  He says he is always my friend but I've thrown up a red flag and he doesn't want any drama....which I can have a temper but it takes months sometimes years before I blow....not good, it's just I've been really stressed out as of late...not getting a paycheck for one.

I'm just wondering if any of you have had drastic emotional changes sometimes....We are all human and things happen, I just have to keep reminding myself to keep taking steps forward.  *sigh*

Have a great day everyone,

Sherry

artroxy blue
on 2/26/13 8:22 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Sounds like you might want to talk to a therapist to sort out your emotions and how to deal with them. Exploding on people will definitely keep you at "wall flower" status, and maybe apologizing to your friend would help. Just explain that the question caught you off-guard, and you didn't intend for it to be such a heated argument about your core beliefs. It's fine that you disagree, but cooler heads should prevail if you want to keep this person in your life. 

Sherry T.
on 2/26/13 10:26 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I have apologized profusely and called him and talked with him but as it stands now, he wants us to just email back and forth.  I talked with a girlfriend about it and she said we both were wrong, I was defensive but why ask such a question in email.  It should be discussed face to face.  But you are right, I need to start seeing someone, the daily pressures are taking it's toll surgery or not and I've got to learn to deal with them and stop bottling it up.  Only time will tell. I hate it badly but the ball is in his court.  

Thanks for posting!

Sherry

rocky513
on 2/26/13 9:54 pm - WI

The emotional roller coaster is normal.  We store estrogen in our fat cells.  When we lose weight rapidly and our fat cells shrink, they pour all of that stored estrogen back into our system....the result...mood swings and radical emotions.  It gets better as your weight los slows down and you level off.  When I was still losing I could feel it building in me and tried to remove myself before I "blew".  I also had a lot of days when all I could do is sit and cry over silly stuff.  You are not crazy...just hang in there.  If your friend knows about your surgery you might want to explain this to him.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Sherry T.
on 2/26/13 10:30 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

He does, thank you for posting....I feel alot better and your right I could feel it building and he just happened to ask the wrong question and at an inopportune time.  :(  I think I'm going to give him some time and reflect and perhaps I will bring this up later.  Part of me hates it but if he's so willing to run about this then is it really worth it in the long run?   I'm not so sure.  

I appreciate you!!! 

Sherry

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/13 11:00 pm
Maybe you overreacted. I don't know. But it's normal to do that once in a while. You're human.
Sherry T.
on 2/26/13 11:52 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Yes, absolutely! I think everyone is entitled to a bad day and while its unfortunate maybe this is showing me a little of his side too.  Seems like he has commitment issues and willing to use any excuse to back away.  

All done.....can't change it, it happened and I have to let it go.  :)

I appreciate all of you soooooo much!!

Sherry

SoCaPinkLady
on 2/26/13 11:58 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I'm sorry this happened. I can only say that when I am in a bad place I choose not to respond to questions that I know will cause me to answer emotionally.

With that being said relationships have their ups and downs. People fight and make up it's a part of life and it's what makes relationships stronger. If your answers or thoughts to him were honest and passionate perhaps he is the one with the problem and couldn't handle the idea of you being strong in your beliefs or thoughts. You should not be a doormat for ANYONE and if he was the one thinking that way of you or trying to keep you in that position it's not healthy for you or the relationship. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Lori                               

Sherry T.
on 2/27/13 12:04 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Thank you Lori!!! 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/27/13 1:59 am

For me, losing weight has forced me to deal with several things I swept under the rug for years. Since I do not have my SMO body any longer to be the focus for any and all misery, I have had to confront the actual root causes of my unhappiness. It was really easy for me to channel all my upset and negative emotions at my body and weight. Now I have to own up to the fact that there are other causes and deal with them.

Some days I'm touchier than a rabid badger, and other days I have the calm of the Dalai Lama.

As far as your friend goes, the only thing you can do is offer a sincere apology and do better. Most people understand overreacting, especially if it happens after  getting poked in a tender spot, which faith can be. From the subtext of your post, it seems as if you and he were emailing and there may have been the possibility of romance on the horizon. Did I infer that correctly? If that is the case, that adds another layer of complication. We tend to cut our friends slack that we wouldn't cut to a potential date, IMO.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org