5k Ready?

Sherry T.
on 3/3/13 10:26 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I don't know what even caused me to look at my doctor's website but saw a link to the annual 5k run in May.....I really want to do this and my endurance is sooooo much better but can I be prepared to do a 5k in 2.5 months, give or take?   It's actually a week before my 1 year anniversary so what a way to celebrate!  I better get hopping or walking that is....lol  

I've done one before, and came in dead last....but I finished!  This was a few years back and haven't had the gumption to do it again plus gained all the weight back....this would be su*****entive.  

thoughts?

Sherry

Findingme2013
on 3/3/13 10:55 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I don't see why not!!  Follow couch to 5K program!!  Good luck!! Plus, if you have to stop and walk for a few, who cares!! You are doing it!!

karenp8
on 3/3/13 11:22 am - Brighton, IL

If you set your mind to do it you can. I am six months post op and am walking my first 5k in 3 weeks. I can't run because I have knee replacements and that's a big no no. But I can walk 3.7 miles in an hour. I can't wait!

daphneb
on 3/3/13 3:17 pm - AK

I am signing up with three of my co-workers to a couple of 5Ks this Spring.  My experience sounds exactly like yours too, so it'll be much more fun now that I can actually move a bit better.  I am hoping that I can finish in less than 45mins and not be sore afterwards to where I couldn't even walk. 

If I accomplish both those things, I will be better off:)  Without a doubt, I can do this already as my treadmill workouts have already indicated that my speed and timing will be not a problem!

Great activity to do!!!