please share sample of meals

threepugs
on 3/8/13 9:22 am - CA
I would love to hear what others are eating. I am 6 months out and feel like I eat the same thing every day. I am getting bored. Cheese, eggs, almonds are my staple foods. I have never been good with food.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/8/13 9:27 am

Have you looked on BariatricFoodie and TheWorldAccordingtoEggface? Lots of good things there.

I eat all kinds of things. I do eat meat and fish, and those are eaten first, which usually leaves me with room for a bite or two of vegetables. Last night's dinner was roast chicken. The family had mashed potatoes and corn, but I had only chicken.

Are you limited because you don't tolerate some foods, or are you just unsure how to branch out?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

threepugs
on 3/8/13 10:27 am - CA
I can tolerate most foods. I have to be careful with things getting stuck if it is too dry.
threepugs
on 3/8/13 10:30 am - CA
Mostly unsure! Thanks for your response.
angeleigh
on 3/8/13 9:28 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

right now i love doing hamburger steaks with mushrooms cooked in a onion soup mix, with a side of mashed cauliflower. Tacos, with no shell, I mix a can of refried beans, taco sauce, in with the cooked taco meat then put cheese on top. It is so good. Chili is my go to. Also I do the weigh****chers turkey breast meals.  Sliced cheese, with deli meat. Tonight I made stuffed pepper soup, it was really good.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

threepugs
on 3/8/13 10:28 am - CA
Thank you!
justinplex
on 3/8/13 10:29 am - Kilgore, TX

chili is my #1 goto... i make lean beef chili, turkey chili, chicken chili(all 3 with kidney & black beans), white chicken chili(with nave beans)! lol... when i don't feel like making it i get wendys chili or the hormel turkey chili.

its not the only thing i eat mind you, but i like to make big batches and eat on it for 3 or 4 days.

Justin T. Johnson                            
threepugs
on 3/8/13 10:33 am - CA
Thanks for this reminder! I ate chili right out of the hospital ( was in 43 days) but haven't had it for awhile. I am going to make some tomorrow
michelle M.
on 3/8/13 11:04 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

I like eating chilli too.  It can be a  big help when I don't feel like cooking everyday.  I discovered the frozen soybeans with sea salt.  I enjoy this when I am hungry or craving something.  i usually get these at the japanese resturant, now i can get them at the super market when i need a munchy treat.

Louise1974
on 3/8/13 10:33 am

I am in love with shrimp ****tail right now.  Yummy, I have a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer and it is my easiest lunch.  I like meatloaf too.  I cook a lot so it is probably easier for me.  Last week I made vietnamese Pho, a traditional soup with beef, soybean sprouts, cilantro, and a bunch of other delicious things, incredible.  I mostly ate the beef and crunchy sprouts.  Really really good.  I get the high protein low carb tortillas and made Quesadillas with cheese, chicken, and caramelized onions.  Chef salads are a big one for me too.  I basically eat whatever I am serving my family I just don't eat all the simple carbs.  I second the recommendation for the world according to eggface.  I made a variation of her bean patties and they were really good. 

Most Active
Recent Topics