please share sample of meals

LadyLilMax
on 3/8/13 12:02 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

I just got the most fun book from the library written by a gourmet cook after she had WLS.  It is called

Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray​.  What I love is that they tell you how much to eat if you are one week out or 2 years out and all the times in between.  Good, easy recipes with good stats.

I never much cared to cook when I was heavy but now that I am losing weight, I am really enjoying reading and trying recipes.  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Jilly Bean
on 3/8/13 12:55 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
Omelettes with cheese/bacon/veggies, steak, fish, veggies, salads, cheese, thin pizza, oatmeal, whole grain grilled cheese and turkey sandwiches, chicken in the crockpot, protein ravioli, whole grain pastas, quinoa, protein bars/shakes, egg muffins, whole grain crackers with Laughing Cow, Trader Joes organic popcorn, G2, coffee with creamer/stevia, pot roast with carrots , breakfast casseroles, boiled eggs, shrimp, French onion soup, soups, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, protein cereal, fruits, green beans, orange chicken, brown rice, organic ravioli, skim milk, hummus, turkey dogs, ground beef, tacos, baked chips. You name it. Have fun.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

threepugs
on 3/8/13 1:31 pm, edited 3/8/13 9:30 pm - CA
Thanks for the ideas!
tipoftheiceberg
on 3/8/13 8:57 pm

One of my favorite go to recipes is: Bangin Grilled Shrimp (serves 4)  (Skinnytaste.com)

Soak 8 wooded skewers for 20 minutes or skip this step if using metal skewers.

Place 40 large raw shrimp (shelled and deveined) on skewers and sprinkle with fresh black pepper. Place about 5 shrimp on each skewer.

Heat a clean lightly oiled grill to medium ,when grill is hot add shrimp. Grill both sides for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp is opaque . 

Meanwhile in a small bowl mix 2T light mayo, 1 1/2tsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and 1/2tsp Sriracha (to taste).  I like this spicy and less sweet so I add more Sriracha.

Place cooked shrimp on platter and brush sauce on shrimp.  Serve immediately.

* You can do on indoor griddle pan or stir fry in a little coconut oil instead.

madeformore
on 3/9/13 4:17 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I'm loving turkey burgers right now, no bun.

And I like to throw a pork or beef roast or whole chicken in the crockpot with a packet on onion soup mix and just let it go. I typically put potatoes & carrots in with it and eat a limited amount of those and the family enjoys the rest. There is typically enough meat that I can eat the extra for a few days.

I like rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or Sam's Club for a quick, ready to go option. Love tacos without the shell - either as a salad or a lettuce wrap. I'm also a fan of making up a big batch of chili. I freeze some of the leftovers in single servings for quick options on other days.

And I LOVE steak!!!

- Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 138 views