Vitamins

dacia57
on 3/10/13 6:06 am

I am currently using celebrate chewable vitamins, but they are very expensive. I was wondering if I could use centrum silver and how many would I need to take a day?

poet_kelly
on 3/10/13 6:13 am - OH

Yes, and two a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dacia57
on 3/10/13 6:25 am

What about iron?

poet_kelly
on 3/10/13 6:33 am - OH

If you still menstruate, the ASMBS says you need 54 to 63 mg iron a day.  Otherwise they say you need 36 mg a day.  Just take it seperately.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/10/13 6:16 am

I take a prenatal with iron in it (half in a.m. & half in p.m.).

dacia57
on 3/10/13 6:18 am

What about iron? I am not sure what I am looking for.

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/10/13 7:21 am

Spring valley Prenatal vitamins give me all I need according to labs. Hope it helps.

65rosesmom
on 3/10/13 7:33 am

I buy a separate iron.  I started with celebrate iron, but its only 18mg per tablet and the bottles only have 30 tablets, so it was crazy how many I was going through.   I switched to SunDown's Carbonyl Iron found it online at Walgreens.com.   It was pretty inexpensive for a bottle of 200 25mg tablets.   I take 4 of them a day because my ferritin is super low and I'm trying to raise it.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

poet_kelly
on 3/10/13 8:04 am - OH

There are coupons for Sundown right now on www.coupons.com.  Also, if you go to the Sundown website and sign up for their newsletter, they will send you a coupon.  Lots of local stores carry them.

65rosesmom
on 3/10/13 9:03 am

Excellent!  Thanks so much Kelly!!!   My local CVS carries them but not the carbonyl iron.  I'll check my other stores.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 323 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views