Post op sleep position

Katie K.
on 3/15/13 8:37 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
How do you sleep post op? I'm a side/stomach sleeper and can't imagine that would be possible for quite some time.
KatBee
on 3/15/13 9:32 pm

I'm a combo sleeper. I start on my stomach & then end up on my side. I  am 12 days out & very happy to report I was on my side by day 4 or 5 & I was on my stomach when the swelling went down. 

65rosesmom
on 3/15/13 9:52 pm

I am a stomach sleeper.   When I had my C-sections, I had to sleep on my back for almost two months and it was torture for me. After RNY, I was able to do the side thing by the end of the first week and back to my stomach by the second week.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Pittsteelers
on 3/15/13 9:55 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I'm a side sleeper and it took me weeks to sleep on my side. I ended up recovering on the couch because the bed was just too uncomfortable for me. I remember trying everyday to switch to my stomach and it felt like it was pulling my insides to the side. I would put a pillow to keep it from pulling, but it still got uncomfortable.

ebtiger24
on 3/15/13 10:04 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I sleep on my stomach and side. I had to sleep on my back for several weeks post op. It didn't hurt after the first week to sleep on my side or stomach, but it felt weird.  

Tracy91002
on 3/15/13 11:25 pm
RNY on 01/17/13

I am a side sleeper too.  I managed to sleep on my side while still in the hospital, even on my first night post op.  I doubt this is usual because the nurse commented that she had never seen that before, but thank goodness for the pain pump

karenp8
on 3/15/13 11:41 pm - Brighton, IL

I am a side sleeper too but was able to sleep on my side the first by using pillows tucked under me to keep me from rolling too far over. It took a bit of experimenting but I was able to work it out.

Angela_Italiana
on 3/16/13 1:25 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I am a back/side sleeper. At just about two weeks post op, I am still not really able to sleep on my side. I think this is another one of those situations that will vary by person.
bbearsmama
on 3/16/13 2:08 am
RNY on 02/28/13
I sleep on my back and side. I was able to sleep on my side at about 1 week post op. When i first came home from the hospital, sleeping on the recliner was the most comfortable position. Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

debbie A.
on 3/16/13 2:10 am - inland empire, CA

I am a side sleeper. Last night i slept on my right side kinda easily but I cant on my left side. I put a pillow partially under me and that seems to help. I am 3 days post op.