Mayonaise?

lumina99
on 3/31/13 11:37 pm - ME

Can we have mayonaise? In the ingredients it lists sugar...i`m a bit afraid, but I want to make a deviled egg.

Laura A.

chulbert
on 3/31/13 11:39 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You'll be fine.  There can't be THAT much sugar in the small amount of a single deviled egg.

Lori F.
on 3/31/13 11:49 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I haven't had any issues with it.  I don't use light though because they replace the fat with sugar.  I made some deviled eggs over the weekend and only used 1/2 the amount of mayo I usually would and replaced the other 1/2 with greek yogurt.  They turned out really good.  I have also made individual ones replacing all the mayo with cottage cheese mashed up :)

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Dee.spunk
on 4/1/13 12:10 am - Sacramento, CA
You should be fine. I used it first at about one month out. I made some tuna salad and was fine. I don't think you'd eat enough to make you sick.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

ShadeMcG
on 4/1/13 12:18 am
RNY on 11/04/12
I make mine. One egg yolk with a tsp of lemon juice 1/2 tsp salt paprika Using electric mixer with whisk slowly pour in a cup of canola while whisking on high. It will start to look like mayo after four or five minutes. Way better for you. Way fresher. Will keep for three days in the fridge.
aseg21
on 4/1/13 12:39 am - Miami, FL

I've safely had mayonnaise. I wouldn't go too crazy on it because it's loaded with calories and fat, but I've been fine. I'm surprised the first ingredient is sugar.

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

mmoritz80
on 4/1/13 3:02 am - NC

Mayo makes me SOOOOO sick!  I can get away with a very small amount of LITE mayo but not the real deal.

I had a Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Procedure in the Raleigh area on June 9th, 2011 by Dr. Moran.  www.alasurgery.com            

Sherry T.
on 4/1/13 7:11 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Me too....I have to be very careful if I eat chicken salad....I use the light version but one time my Mom (bless her) made me some chicken salad....ughhhh, had to lay down afterwards....so if something's got mayo in it...I try and avoid it  or eat only a little.  

justinplex
on 4/1/13 3:54 am - Kilgore, TX

i use fat free mayo w/o any issues

Justin T. Johnson                            
jujubee4224
on 4/1/13 11:29 pm
RNY on 04/09/12

Try replacing the mayo with plain greek yogurt. I think it tastes great and is such a nutritionally good substitute. I use plain yogurt for lots of things, deviled eggs, chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, vegetable dip, you name it, I've tried it and I like it. I never thought I would eat, much less encourage others to use plain greek yogurt. And its also a great way to get your protein in. Can't say enough good about it.

julie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 403 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 161 views