HELP surgery monday April 1st gained a pound!!!!

thetendertush
on 4/6/13 1:08 am - brea, CA

Ok so I am sure I am doing something wrong, I dont fell hungry so at most I talk in is 400 cals a day , water lets not even talk about that I know it's not close to enough. Any suggestions how to get threw this and start loosing ?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/6/13 1:33 am
Take a deep breath and stay off the scale. You did not consume enough for a gain. It is normal for your weight to fluctuate.

Dehydration is serious business, so you have to make water a priority. Get out a shot glass and a timer and keep sipping. If you can have no caffeine hot tea, try it. Warm liquids sometimes go down easier than cold.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

slashes
on 4/6/13 1:44 am

Relax - totally normal. Your body is adjusting and it will take a while. I was up 9 pounds out of surgery. It will come off trust me - stay away from the scale for bit and next time u step on it it will be party time!!! Hang in there!!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Joyceebaby
on 4/6/13 1:44 am, edited 4/6/13 1:45 am
RNY on 11/29/12

Your surgery was 5 days ago.  At 5 days post op, I was still up 7 pounds from all the fluids that were pumped in during the hospital stay.  I didn't start to see significant loss for a couple of weeks.  Your body has been through a very traumatic experience.  It will take time to heal.  Once you're healed, the scale will start going down.

I know it's frustrating.  We waited SO long just to get to the surgery, then we have to wait again for the weight to start coming off.  It will come off, but you won't wake up 50lbs lighter tomorrow morning enlightened.  Hang in there and drink LOTS of fluids.  At this stage fluid is your first priority.

thetendertush
on 4/6/13 2:07 am - brea, CA

thank you ladies soooo much!! i knew i would be able to find some info here! can you tell me what vitamins you take daily cause im sure im not taking the right ones

quiltpainter
on 4/6/13 4:35 am - CT

I gained ten pounds at my 1 week check up. The doctor said it was water weight and then put me on a water pill. At my 2 week check up the ten pounds was gone.   I hear its because they pump us up with so much fluid in the hospital and thats why a lot of us still weigh more after a week.  Some people say to stay off the scale, but when its the doctor weighing you in there is not much you can do about that.   It will come off, so keep trying to get as much water/protein in as you can. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 190 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?