Diet pills?

Chrissy123862006
on 4/10/13 10:28 pm - MI
RNY on 01/21/13
If you take any diet pills after surgery to help lose wheight what kind do you take and is it really working?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/10/13 10:34 pm - OH

No!  Diet pills didn't work before surgery, so why would they work after surgery??

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

robyn_fresh
on 4/10/13 10:35 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Don't take diet pills! That contradicts having surgery. This surgery is a tool to help you get to your goal weight and learn the eating habits that will help you maintain it along the way. Diet pills, calorie counting, starvation diets, are all a thing of the past. I, like you, have a long long long journey with a goal to lose 215 lbs. I know that it seems time is a wasting and you won't make it! You're wrong. You will make it! Just stick to the plan and keep in touch with your nut and doc. I felt exactly the same way and even had the same "Wonder what would happen if I used diet pills too" thought. They aren't healthy, especially to your now highly altered system, and they never did work, still won't. You will lose the weight without them. If you want to help the process along, get to the gym or step your workout up a notch. Good luck!

poet_kelly
on 4/10/13 10:38 pm - OH

Why would you take diet pills after surgery?  If diet pills worked, why would you have had surgery in the first place?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

slashes
on 4/10/13 10:40 pm

Ditto all of the above - something is not right with this question

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Chrissy123862006
on 4/10/13 10:42 pm - MI
RNY on 01/21/13

Hey I was just wondering and some diet pills did help lose alittle wheight before surgery it just wasn't as long term as this surgery anyways I was just asking because I saw a old post on here about it

Chrissy123862006
on 4/10/13 10:45 pm - MI
RNY on 01/21/13

And something's not right with your attitude I asked a question I did not ask for rude and snarky comments tyvm

JaneJetson60
on 4/10/13 11:52 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Sorry Chrissy but you just sent up a bunch of red flags bringing up the use of diet pills.  You KNOW diet pills don't work and many people try to navigate around their WLS to be able to eat and take diet pills and binge and purge and you name it to continue to eat whatever they want and still lose weight.  Sure, you can take diet pills.  But you KNOW they don't work and you wouldn't have had WLS or any of us for that matter if they did.  No one is being snarky on here they are stating a FACT.

thynnlynn
on 4/11/13 12:02 am - MI

NO.  And, of you have high blood pressure, they could kill you!!!!!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

aquapeach
on 4/11/13 8:15 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13

Wow! I am sorry you are having replies of such. I think your question is totally valid and welcomed. Yes we have all had surgery and it is a tool. Diet aids and suppressants can be tools just the same, and have had success with certain people. I , too, have thought  "what abt diet pills on top of the surgery tool"- so its not that uncommon for one to think abt that. Recently I found and became aware of a product that is natural and has a main ingrediant that I have never been able to find - as a standalone agent- so thats where my thoughts came in. Its called Skinny Fiber - and it just helps you to feel fuller while giving you energy and does promote healthy eating ,drinking and weightloss- and kids are even able to take it with absolutely no side effects or consequences. Had I knew all this info before surgery I would have definitely tried it out  then decided if Surgery was right or not. However I, do understand a few of the remarks made- but I also understand your viewpoint and just asking a question. Now I dont know if skinny fiber would be allowed ,advised or not- maybe you could ask your surgeon- I just wanted to reply to let you know there is nothing wrong in asking a question and you shouldnt have only rude replies back. Wish you all the best and success in life!