LESS than 2 weeks!!!

claudia_xo
on 4/12/13 3:15 am - FL

Hi y'all!

I am new to posting on this forum even though I've been reading it for a while since deciding on wls and have found it to be extremely helpful. So far I've been pretty calm. Today, however, it hit me that in less than 2 weeks (4/24/13) i will be having my surgery!! Needless to say i am now freaking out! lol. I am not having second thoughts because i know i am doing this for me and to better my life and my future. But, i am scared beyond words of not waking up or having a really bad experience like the ones I've read about, i am trying really hard to stay positive but ahhhh this is truly scary!. Any suggestions on how to stay calm through all this?

thank you!!!!

mussit64
on 4/12/13 3:25 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

I am in the same boat... My surgery is scheduled for the 18th.  I am nervous, scared and excited.  But, like you I worry about the outcome.    I am also having RNY.    I would like to add you as a friend so we can keep in contact and maybe encourage each other along the way,.

claudia_xo
on 4/14/13 2:54 am - FL
Added you
Def keep me posted on your progress and will be praying for you on surgery date
All we can do is have faith that all will be ok and we will be looking fantastic in no time lol
MichelleNC
on 4/12/13 3:38 am
The day I booked my surgery I was nervous. After that I figured it was out of my control and I literally was wheeled into the OR singing I am bringing sexy back. Realize people will probably post ore horror stories vs the hey things are great I am so happy....although here thankfully we have lots of happy stories. Stay positive and be prepared for anything. I found the hospital staff were hanging out with me chatting and everyone kept saying how happy I am. Good luck to you both and I can't wait to hear your surgery stories.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

phyl9
on 4/12/13 8:45 am

I LOVE your story! Wish I could have heard you singing!

Justcallmesuz
on 4/12/13 7:31 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm scheduled for May 8th. I have the same exact feelings. I think they are very natural. My dr said he will give something to relax before bringing me back to the operating room because I'm so scared. Maybe ask about that?

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

phyl9
on 4/12/13 9:11 am

Yes- I got some meds before rolling into OR- I barely remember the surgery room!

I was a happy girl- and the next thing I knew- I was moving into my bed in my hospital room!

claudia_xo
on 4/14/13 2:55 am - FL
I most def will be asking for some happy juice lol!
phyl9
on 4/12/13 9:10 am

Hi- Spoiler Alert! May be TMI (too much information)! Lots of blogs talk about later on post-op experiences- so I wanted to talk about the first week.  

I had my RnY on Tuesday 4/9/13-and I was nervous before surgery. I was afraid that this would be the same "fail" as the other diets I have been on- I knew that I had the option right up to the last minute to cancel- but I really wanted to make my life different!

My surgery went well- but I have a history of extreme dizziness (which flared up post-op- related to being flat on the table). Lovely Reglan in my IV tookcare of that- and the PCA pump. I was up the next am at 4am- walking in the halls- had really painful burps- but every day is better!

Went home right on time on Wednesday- rested & sipped water.

Thursday-had a bad headache- was told it was due to dehydration- started passing gas- walked for 10 minutes outside- sipping Isopure & SF jello and liquid pain meds were ok for me. The fluid retention ( 10 lbs worth!) is going away. Got a shower- lovely!

Friday- today-taking Isopure, SF jello- walked around the block like a snail! Took me 30 minutes- but it felt good to do it. Trying to get in more Isopure today- water weight all gone- feeling less like I got punched in the belly. And I have a normal poop- never will take little things for granted! 

Can't wait until Sunday- I can start on full liquids & puddings- I still do not feel hunger- but I can look at things in the kitchen that look  mildly appealing- and pass them up.  I want to do the diet perfectly so I do not get any complications.

Although it's been a tough few days- it has gone better & faster through the bad stuff than I imagined. I am greatful for that. I can't wrap my head around new smaller clothes yet- but I am happy that the surgery is past- and my future will be healthier and smaller! Before surgery- I made a list of things that I wanted to eat before surgery. Now-I am going to make a list of things I want to DO as I get healthier and stronger!

Stay in there- give yourself some time to think without talking to others (there will always be people who think you are making a mistake-and ususally- they don't know about the surgery)-and give yourself reflection time.       

claudia_xo
on 4/14/13 3:01 am - FL
So glad to hear you are doing great. I can't wait to be where you are and done and over with surgery. Ready to start my new journey already and start the road to recovery and healthier life.
You are so right about what other people might think. I haven't told many just my close friends boyfriend and imidiate family bc I get so defensive when people talk poop and say that it's the "easy" way out. There is nothing easy about the decision I made to have wls. The ignorance if some people ****** me off lol. I'm sure we've all come across someone that has that opinion about wls. But I've been good in ignoring those rude comments and just thinking about what's best for me and my healthy future. And everyone in this forum def help