new some advice

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 4/23/13 10:20 am - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with

I had my RYN last July 2012. I have been struggling to eat within the guidelines of the program since January 13. I have been eating all kinds of foods that interfere with keeping the weight that I have lost off. I have not dumped yet, but I often have a bubbly stomach after eating foods such as candy, chips, popcorn, friend chicken, you name it. I need motivation and words of encouragement to help me get back on track. I do not want this surgery and all my hard work going to waist. I also do not want to gain my over 100 pounds back. 

shannonigan
on 4/23/13 11:05 am - Tooele, UT
RNY on 04/30/13
Please forgive me as I am pre-op so advice from me may seem irrelevant. I can only tell you that for me I know I will have to plan my food out the night before. Also in most of the research I have been doing to prepare I have seen it said that keeping a food journal gives you twice the chance of success. You have obviously taken the first step by reaching out for help. Maybe check out some of the success stories here for hope and motivation. YOU CAN DO THIS! Best of luck
LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 4/24/13 9:10 pm - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with

thank you. 

MrsLitch
on 4/23/13 11:10 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

You know what you are doing wrong, you've listed several things. You know what to do right, you lost over 100 pounds. So you just have to decide, do you want it bad enough to stick to the rules? You need to get back to basics, get rid of the unhealthy foods you are having. You aren't even a year out yet, now is the time to take control back. You can do this, if you want to bad enough. As you start to absorb more calories as time passes it's just going to put the weight back on.

Go back to protein forward eating, followed by veggies. Only if you have room after the dense protein and veggies should you add some complex carbs. Don't drink with meals if you are doing that. Exercise as much as possible.

No one eats perfect 100% of the time, you will more than likely have slips or make unhealthy choices from time to time but you need to keep those times to a minimum. You need to get right back on track if you do slip.

Get rid of the candy and chips to begin with. If you can have a bit of popcorn in moderation, that's fine. If you can't control it, cut that too.

Start tracking your foods on a site/app like myfitnesspal and see exactly what your eating, see how much protein you're getting in vs how much junk. Maybe that will help open your eyes.

I find it hard to believe you went through a major surgery, not to mention the expense, just so you could fail your tool. Your tool still works, use it, don't leave it in the shed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

KimKinVA
on 4/23/13 1:46 pm
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Hi there. It sounds like you've already identified what you are doing that is sabotaging your weight loss. So now it's up to you to make the changes necessary to get back on track. If I were in your shoes, I would immediately stop eating candy, chips, popcorn, and fried chicken. Those are the very kinds of food I ate that led to me becoming morbidly obese. In my eyes, they have no place in my post-op life. I was willing to undergo major surgery as a drastic measure, which has given me an amazing tool to help me make good food choices. It's up to me though to use this tool.

I recommend that you get back to basics - do the things that you did shortly after surgery. Focus on eating small portions of protein (preferably not fried protein) followed by vegetables and/or fruit. I avoid processed carbs and sugar like the plague. I see we had the same surgeon. So I bet if you call Dr. Moazzez' office, you can tell them that you are off-course with your eating and ask for an appointment to meet with one of the dieticians. You may need some extra help to plan protein-heavy meals and snacks. I don't know what the recommended portion size is for 9 months. But I'm sure the dietician would tell you.

Good luck to you! I wish you the best. I know you can do it. We're here to encourage you along the way.

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 4/24/13 9:32 pm - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with

Thank you so much. That was very helpful. 

Kat Kat
on 4/23/13 6:45 pm - AZ

First and foremost, get that crap out of your house. Out of sight, out of mind! Go to protein forward diet, and I think after a few days your cravings for refined carbs will subside significantly. Plan your meals and start using My Fitness Pal. If this doesn't work in a  few days, make an appointment with a therapist.

Kat

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 4/24/13 9:33 pm - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with

Thank you Kate

MyLady Heidi
on 4/23/13 6:51 pm

If you don't want to gain it all back, stop eating all the crap you mentioned, it is what got you fat and guaranteed will again if you keep it up.  No one is going to food police you that is your job, if you wanna be fat again keep down the path you are on.  Food nearly killed you so break up with it for good, otherwise in a year you will be back with 100lbs back on and miserable.  

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 4/24/13 9:33 pm - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with

thank you Heidi

Most Active
Recent Topics