6 months out - my progress

losing-lisa
on 5/1/13 7:12 am - Stevens Point, WI
RNY on 10/31/12

I am 6 months post op, having had gastric bypass surgery on 10/31/12.  So far I've lost almost 77 lbs and have gone from a size 26 to an 18 (and I fit into a size 16 pair of capris at Kohl's the other day, so close to a 16?).  While I thought I'd have lost more weight by now, I'm averaging a solid 1-3 lbs a week and haven't really hit a "stall" other than the dreaded 5-7 wk post-op stall.

I had my 6 month follow-up with my surgeon and dietician the other day, and my bloodwork all came out fantastic: my vitamin and protein levels are awesome, and they're happy with my progress so far.  He finally gave me a goal number to be shooting for, which he previously didn't want to do.  Looks like I've got another 65 lbs to lose, so I have to make sure I stay focused, especially with my workouts and saying no to yummy sugar.  (sugar is my downfall, and I don't dump, so this is still a battle I have to fight every day!)

As far as other things; life has gotten interesting.  I'm dating a bit more now, enjoying flirting and being flirted with, feeling more confident, and enjoying all the new clothes I get to wear (and in some cases, old clothes I get to wear AGAIN!).  I don't feel like I need to settle for any guy that comes my way because of my weight, but finally have the feeling that I can be selective and find someone that I really click with.  I'm hoping this only continues to get better.

I have never posted pictures on the forums before, but will attempt to show you at least one.  Hope it works!

This is a full body pic I took late last week:

This is the difference in my face between last summer and now:

Lisa K
Post-op RNY - 10/31/2012

michelle M.
on 5/1/13 7:31 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

You look super, but then you were pretty awesome looking at your heavier weight too.  Great job.

Keep up the good work.

Michelle

losing-lisa
on 5/1/13 7:58 am - Stevens Point, WI
RNY on 10/31/12

aww, thank you! 

PrincessBelle
on 5/1/13 7:44 am
You look great! I'm so glad you posted-I also am a slow looser & get discouraged sometimes. Nice to see slow but steady succeeding!!

RNY 3/11/13. 

losing-lisa
on 5/1/13 8:00 am - Stevens Point, WI
RNY on 10/31/12

I'll admit - it has been very frustrating to see people (who started around the same place) losing 7-10 lbs a week and knowing my best week ever was a loss of 4.2!  I just placate myself by hoping that the slower loss will give my skin more time to bounce back gradually.  Good luck with your loss - try to stay positive, because as slow as mine's going, at least it's still going!

JaneJetson60
on 5/1/13 7:47 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Wow!  You look great. You also are beautiful!   You have beautiful eyes and smile! Holy Guacamole, you rock this surgery!!!!   angry

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/1/13 7:50 am
Aren't you pretty. Congrats on your progress and keep up the good work!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

karenp8
on 5/1/13 9:28 am - Brighton, IL

Beautiful! You are doing a great job. Congratulations!

ShadowHR
on 5/1/13 10:09 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Thank you for sharing your success!  I think you have done fabulous for six months, I hope I look as beautiful as you do when I get there.

keep us posted,

susan

Surgery Weight 245

Miss-Bumblebee
on 5/1/13 11:00 am

Way to go!!! You look great :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?