ideas with protein first week

maryottawa
on 5/7/13 12:32 am - Canada
I am at day 5 post op. I have problem with the protein i don't like to much. I only mix with water or i take chicken protein. I only get 40 gr the proteín any advice please. I am lilltle scary toadd milk or fruit i need advice

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

poet_kelly
on 5/7/13 12:54 am - OH

Go to  Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and get some isopure and Cytomax ready to drink protein drinks to try.  They are not milky but are kinda like Gatorade or something like that.

Why are you scared to try mixing your protein powder with milk?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

maryottawa
on 5/7/13 1:30 am - Canada
Thank you Kelly. I will try todo find isopure here(ottawa). I am scary beca use i was in to much pain. I don' t want feel pain again.

MrsLitch
on 5/7/13 1:21 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I was lucky to get in 40g in the very beginning. Try your hardest and increase as you get further out. I wasn't allowed to mix mine with milk so I used water as well. Just keep trying and make sure you are getting your water in!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

maryottawa
on 5/7/13 1:32 am - Canada
Thank your mrs Litch

dasie
on 5/7/13 1:31 am

Keep to your plan and keep searching for items.  I was exactly like you...for quite some time.  I could not find a protein shake that did not nauseate me, was lactose intolerant for quite some time.  The only protein I got was using an unflavored high cooking protein that I mixed with chicken broth.  I could only use 1/3 serving or it became thick.  I was getting 30 grams if lucky for a couple months.  We tried every shake practically out there.  Finally my husband, by chance, bought rich dark chocolate EAS Advantage.  That flavor masked the sweeteners and protein taste, and I drink them to this day.  The only brand I like.  Can you have pudding?  What is on your list?  Have your tried yogurt, cottage cheese...things like that.  I told my surgeon I was having difficulty, and he said take it slowly, and it would get better.  It does.  Hang in there.

wufpackerfan
on 5/7/13 2:16 am - Garner, NC
UNJURY protein shake...they're delicious. I really enjoyed drinking them.

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

shannonigan
on 5/7/13 2:40 am - Tooele, UT
RNY on 04/30/13
I add pb2 which is a peanut butter powder to mine. It makes it taste less protein powdery

Diana M.
on 5/7/13 5:30 am - TX
VSG on 07/12/12

Je devine que le français est votre langue maternelle, puisque vous êtes Ottowa .... donc je joue avec Google translate, en espérant que sera le rendre un peu plus facile pour vous. Si je me trompe, au moins j'ai eu une aventure aujourd'hui!   Avez-vous essayé d'utiliser d'amande ou le lait de coco? Si le lait avec lactose vous rend malade, ceux qui pourraient travailler, et ajoutera un goût différent de celui de l'eau.   Aussi, essayez de mélanger certaines des protéines aromatisées au yogourt grec, lui donne un peu de saveur différente, et peut vous aider à tolérer le goût.       I'm guessing that French is your first language, since you are from Ottowa....so I am playing with Google translate, hoping that will make it a little easier for you.  If I am wrong, at least I had an adventure today!   Have you tried using almond or coconut milk?  If milk with lactose makes you sick, those might work, and will add a different taste than water.   Also, try mixing some of the flavored proteins in greek yogurt, it gives a little different flavor, and might help you tolerate the taste.

gooddaysunshine
on 5/9/13 3:37 pm
RNY on 04/30/13
I am 9 days post op and have used Unjury powder mixed with skim milk and love it. The Classic Chocolate is very good and I have Vanilla yet to try. Three 8oz servings daily gets my 64 grams of protein in plus some. I use them as my breakfast, lunch, and dinner and get my 64 oz of water in between. I've also added nonfat powdered milk to get even more protein in. Hope this helps. Good luck!