Baggy clothes

LadyLilMax
on 5/6/13 2:31 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

I have lost about 75 # so far on my journey and I am thrilled.  What a great thing.

However, how silly I have been not to go get clothes as I have been shrinking.  Now, when I put on clothes that fit me which are half the size of what I started at (size 24 starting, now a 10-12), I feel like I look fat and feel panicked that I have gained weight or all sorts of weird mind games.   That is because I have been walking around in all my big clothes.  I am such a ninny!  

So... go get your new clothes as you shrink.  Good grief, how silly of me.  

Enjoy your journey.. all of it! 

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

MrsLitch
on 5/6/13 4:13 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Not only did I buy clothes as I shrank I always looked at 2 sizes smaller at the resale shops or the clearance racks and bought cheap cute things to shrink into! Just don't forget where you keep the stash I missed a couple of things because I forgot I had them in the bottom of the closet lol

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

LadyLilMax
on 5/6/13 11:19 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

LOL, oh Mrs you are so funny!  What a great idea to buy smaller.  See, I still am stuck in that old mentality that what I buy won't fit soon anyway cuz I was always gaining so that is such a great tip!  Oh my goodness on the stash.  

Well, just how much smaller do you plan on getting for goodness sake?  I mean they don't make anything smaller than a 00, do they?  Maybe they do, what do I know, LOL

MrsLitch
on 5/12/13 2:05 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

lol I have no idea how small they go I'm actually a bit afraid of getting any smaller as it's already difficult finding clothes at the resale store in a 3 jr or 2 misses. Oh who would have ever thought that would be an issue!!! lol

lumina99
on 5/6/13 9:58 pm - ME

I`m wearing whatever I can find from years ago that I fit into-but it just isn`t cutting it! I just don`t have the $ to buy new clothes ;(

Laura A.

LadyLilMax
on 5/6/13 11:24 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

I have next to no clothes and certainly not things I wore years ago.  Many of the peeps on here buy from consignment or thrift stores as they are shrinking.  I am in awe of the things they get.  Some of the ladies from my church buy at Ross or TJ Maxx and they always look so nice.  Oh, Beall's outlets sometimes have great stuff for next to nothing on their clearance racks.   

I have learned from my sad experience to find some way to get some new thing to help my self image.  I just got some new cupid shapers from Walmart for 13 dollars and they fit so well and look so good under my clothes.  

Good luck, hun. 

lumina99
on 5/7/13 10:26 pm - ME

What are cupid shapers and where in Walmart?

Laura A.

LadyLilMax
on 5/8/13 3:17 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Cupid is a brand that Walmart carries and it is in the shaper section with the bras and underwear.  There are a few different brands that they carry and they are all good.  About 1/3 the price as elsewhere that I have found.

The ones I got are tank top camisoles and they have a bit more fabric in the boob area so they fit pretty well.  Some let you wear your own bra with them but we live in AZ where it is hot and I don't need more clothes on than absolutely necessary, LOL.  They have tank tops, bottoms all kinds of shape wear to hold you in if you have loose skin which I do. 

Go ask the saleslady where you would find stuff like spandex for under your clothes and she will get you to the right place, hopefully! 

Good luck

MrsLitch
on 5/12/13 2:13 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Great fitting clothes do not have to cost a lot! And you can get some very stylish things at resale stores here are some examples of my finds:

Goodwill - Top and pants $4.99 total

Goodwill: Dress and Sweater $6.99 shoes were new $12.99

Top from Savers on 50% off day cost .99 Pants from TJ Maxx $13.99

mommy2landh
on 5/6/13 11:33 pm

I love shopping thrift stores.  Goodwill and Salvation Army are great ones.  I get super deals on new clothes and the money they make supports great programs.  It's a win win situation. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 483 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 484 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics