Bathroom Problems? Solution?

Camille R.
on 5/12/13 1:40 am - OH

Hello,

I'm currently 7 months out of surgery. Recently I've been having problems going to the bathroom. It's been like 4 days since I've gone, and I'm swelling up and having some discomfort. Are we limited on what kind of stool softeners we should use? I need something extremely bad. Please Help!

Thanks,

Camille

richarddavis196
on 5/12/13 1:50 am - VA

At first I used Miralax or the drug store equilivant. Just added it to my daily routine, worked fine. Then being the cheap sob that I am, I have been searching for a cheaper alternative. Currently using the Kroger version of sennokot (senna laxative). I take one a day at night and have been quite reqular.

Good luck.

Camille R.
on 5/12/13 2:18 am - OH

I had purchased a generic (Meijer) stool softener for my boyfriend, and just wasn't sure if I was able to take it or not. It's a gel-like pill, says extra strength 250mg, figured I could just take 1, but not sure because it's ES. I remember my doctor advising me to not taking any "time release" medication, but couldn't remember anything about ES. Think that would be okay to take? Or should I just stick with the miralax?

MrsLitch
on 5/12/13 2:15 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Prior to my recent colonoscopy and gall bladder surgery I had to take MoM to go. I would take it two days in a row skip a day and repeat to keep regular. Miralax doesn't work for me with or without fiber however many have good luck with it. If you are uncomfortable I would try something like Milk of Magnesia to go now and then try something like miralax or add fiber to keep regular.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

MyLady Heidi
on 5/12/13 4:53 am

Before I left the hospital they gave me glycerine suppositories to make me go, those seem to work.  I guess because I have hemorroids I am very aware of how things feel coming out, these helped things move and come out smoothly, sorry that is gross sounding, but I know constipation hurts.

Blondie76
on 5/12/13 5:44 am - AL
Are you eating enough fat? That helps me. Also magnesium. I used to have major issues until I started drinking bulletproof coffee (modified) and taking magnesium, now everything is great.
Stool softners never worked for me.
Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/12/13 10:51 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

What is bulletproof coffee??

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Blondie76
on 5/12/13 10:34 pm - AL
You'll have to google it for the exact recipe. It's an energy/meal replacement that's popular in the primal/paleo/lc eating plans. My body can't handle all the fat so I make it with a tsp coconut oil, stevia, and either a splash of coconut milk or half and half....depending on how closely I'm following Paleo at the time. It's really filling and so yummy! I make my husband's with grass-fed butter, coconut oil, cream, and splenda. You can add cacao for a yummy mocha flavor too.
AnniesSS
on 5/12/13 9:09 am
RNY on 09/11/12

I take a stool softener 2x's a day, but lately, I've been having some issues and have taken MoM a couple of days and will take Miralax tonight.

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Tiggybeep
on 5/12/13 10:58 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

My nutritionist recently went on a "we will get you to poop" kick, and upped my daily fiber requirements from being non-existent to aiming for a minimum of 10g a day (and optimially, 15g a day).  It's helping.

Most Active
Recent Topics