Off to Onederland!!!!

LaToya N.
on 5/8/13 10:43 am, edited 5/8/13 10:58 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with my life right now! My life was great before surgery with my wonderful, handsome, fit husband and 2 beautiful children but my career has taken off in ways I never dreamed.  I'm smart and ambitious but I'm starting to believe that my weight held me back.  My highest weight was 288 and I now weigh 198.  I went from a size 22 to a size 12 in 5 months.  Since then, I have been offered 2 Executive level positions; a non-profit that I helped start up was given the business of the year award last night, and I was elected Secretary of a major State board.  I feel like people are now focusing more on my skills and less on my weight.  I remember being in a management meeting years ago where the speaker said, "how many obese CEO's do you know? No one wants to have a fat leader." I almost crawled under the table because I was the only fat person at the table.  I'm happier and healthier and I owe it to this surgery and the lifestyle changes that came along with it! Please share if you've experienced positive changes in your career post surgery.

Mellowe3
on 5/8/13 11:01 am

Congrats on your career achievements! I just started this journey on 04/22 but I am looking forward to the same type of results.

LaToya N.
on 5/8/13 1:10 pm - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

Thank you! I hope you have the same positive experiences!

The_girl_next_door
on 5/8/13 12:22 pm
I am so happy for you! Weight loss is so much more than a number on a scale!
LaToya N.
on 5/8/13 1:12 pm - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

Thank you.  Its amazing how so many areas of your life improve.  Its funny, I felt discouraged reading posts about people divorcing or becoming an alcoholic after having surgery.  So far, I have been fortunate enough to experience only positive things.

Karen R.
on 5/8/13 1:58 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Congratulations!  That's really terrific.  You sound as if everything is headed just the way you want it to go.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

liftafter50
on 5/9/13 10:03 am

I felt the same way about being a larger person in a higher level of management.  Now I feel I am taken more seriously and I have the confidence to stand up for what I believe is best for the company. 

HW 267 SW 260 CW 245 GW 165 Surgery date Sept 24, 2012          

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 481 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 68 views