It all begins!

psvan
on 5/12/13 10:33 pm - TX

Well today I start my one week liquid diet. I am so excited for surgery next Monday. But... nervous over this pre-op diet. Have been reading lots of people really struggling with it. Just ready for next Monday to be here.

glad2balive
on 5/12/13 10:36 pm

Stock up on things you will need after surgery and pack your things including a pillow for ride home and for getting up and walking around (to hold against your incisions). Good luck! Remember to sip and walk!  

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Allen Y.
on 5/12/13 11:48 pm - Garland, TX

My biggest struggle was just the commercials on TV for FOOD and seeing all the fast food signs on the side of road as you went anywhere. Otherwise I kept myself occupied and never was really miserable hungry. In other words, my biggest hangup was myself, not my physical needs.

JanBooth
on 5/12/13 11:58 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I was sort of prepared for the food commercials.  What I wasn't prepared for was the food shown on EVERY TV show!  I was amazed at how many times food was shown in movies, sitcoms, reality shows, and even on news shows.  There was a news/talk show that has the commentators sitting around a table.  Just in the middle of the table sat a huge platter with assorted danishes!  Not one person was eating, the danishes just sat there and kept calling my name!  I'm not a huge sweet lover, but OMG...
It's a bit easier now, unless it's something that I really like and then I have to distract or drink hot tea.  What helps me, also, is that some things just don't taste as good as they did before. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

JanBooth
on 5/13/13 12:00 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

My surgeon had me on a low fat diet for 2 weeks prior, and nothing by mouth the night before.  I think one week of liquids would be difficult.  Sending good thoughts your way to help you through. 

Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

MichelleNC
on 5/13/13 12:40 am

I am jealous I was on a liquid diet a month before my surgery! The 1st 3 days were the hardest after that I saw the scale moving in a direction I liked and I was on board with it HAHA. But the headaches did go away on day 3 and I always kept in the back of my head why I was doing this. It was for my health and I could do it for a month to get to my end result!

Good Luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Jewelsstevens
on 5/13/13 1:38 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Good luck! You can do it!