GNC can kiss my Ass

daxsgirl
on 5/18/13 5:40 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
I am 5 days post op. Went to GNC to get Muscle Milk and nonflavored protein that my Dietician recommended. The little boy working there took the Muscle Milk from me and said a bypass patient shouldn't have it. I tried arguing with him that my dietician said for me to use it. What a bad experience. I want be going back to that GNC. He wouldn't sell me the non flavored either. Wth??

MrsLitch
on 5/18/13 5:48 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
What do you mean he wouldn't sell it? That's his job. I would be speaking with a msnager and getting a discount or I'd be writing to corporate.

Sorry you had to go through that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

JB1114
on 5/18/13 5:53 am - Grain Valley, MO

That is outrageous.  It's his job to sell it to you whether he thinks you should have or not.  I went to a GNC soon after surgery and a woman tried to sell me all kinds of stuff I didn't want.  I got what I went for and ignored her advice.

I've found a couple GNCs that I really like.  They ask if I need help then leave me alone. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

poet_kelly
on 5/18/13 6:09 am - OH

He refused to sell you the unflavored?  I would call the manager Monday and complain.  You might get some free protein stuff from them.  And he might get to look for a new job.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

daxsgirl
on 5/18/13 8:39 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
Yes he refused to sell it to me. I am in process of contacting corporate.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/13 10:28 am - OH

You will get a better (and faster) response if you contact the manager of that store directly.  Complaints to corporate offices often get ignored.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Melissa Nicely
on 5/18/13 12:55 pm - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I second skipping corporate and go with contacting the General Manager of the store or better yet the store owner if it's privately owned. The kid needs to be taught a lesson in customer service. There is no way that he should be allowed to get away with what he did, no matter what he though was right. Complain a lot, make a big deal out of it. The squeaky wheel gets the most attention so make a lot of noise and you should come out good in the end. Don't settle for just  an apology.

PetHairMagnet
on 5/19/13 1:00 am
RNY on 05/13/13

How did he know you were a bypass patient?

lynnc99
on 5/19/13 10:23 am

GNC varies greatly store to store. (Which in the retail world is a problem in and of itself!)

I once stopped in at a GNC in a local mall to get a protein bar for a snack. The sales clerk told me that it was a "calorie bomb" and I shouldn't choose the one I selected. 

Now, bear in mind that I have very clear criteria for protein bars - calories, sugar, sugar alcohols, and protein grams all have to fit my plan. 

I totally ignored the clerk, bought the bar, and never returned to that store. Other GNC's have been fine. They're just inconsistent. 

daxsgirl
on 5/19/13 10:39 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
When talking with the clerk I mentioned I had Surgery. Didn't think it would turn into what happened.

Most Active
Recent Topics