adipex

seneicus
on 5/22/13 3:29 am - cordele, GA

have anyone take adipex to help with reaching goal after surgery?

Kim S.
on 5/22/13 3:43 am - Helena, AL

Weight loss after weight loss surgery is already very fast......why in the world would you want to take a drug to make it faster?  We did not get as fat as we are/were in the timeframe it will take us to lose all the weight with WLS.......this is a marathon...not a sprint.

I know folks have asked about it to help with regain.  It is a drug-why introduce a drug to help when you already have the most powerful tool..........weight loss surgery.  I DO NOT advocate taking any drug to assist in weight loss EVER.....as YEARS AND YEARS of history have proven:  they are dangerous and the weight loss TEMPORARY.

Good old fashioned "eating less than you burn" consistently works forever.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/22/13 5:56 am - OH

What Kim said.  Diet pills are dangerous and won't help you the least little bit in the long run. Use the restriction of your pouch, move your body, and make good food choices. If you do that, you won't need the diet pills.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

gek9742000
on 5/22/13 12:13 pm
RNY on 10/29/12

I took adipex many, many years ago when I was 20ish.  I lost 20 lbs in three months.  It worked like a dream.  I did not change my eating habits - they changed on their own.  I had cotton mouth - horrible side effect of the drug but I drank tons of water every day because of it.  I also developed insomnia and when I would wake up at 3am I would have energy and one night cleaned out my baby brothers bedroom.  By three months though my body became immune to the drug and it stopped working.  I was tempted to double my dose but my doctor had forewarned me that this would happen and he said "do not take more then the prescribed dose".  I was scared so I didn't take more but I did stop losing weight and at some point ganed it all back.

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

beverlyp
on 5/22/13 7:50 pm

I have always been a firm believer in medicinal help with weight loss and have been seriously considering taking something to give me a little boost to get the scale moving in the right direction again.  I have been holding off, but its a daily struggle for me.  I'm just afraid resuming one bad habit will lead to picking back more bad habits.  My dr. says physical health wise it would be fine as long as I do three months on and 2 months off, but mental health wise for me its like playing with a loaded gun. 

ms.teehaskins
on 5/23/13 9:11 am - west columbia, SC

then don't do it stay a way you can do it!

ms.teehaskins
on 5/23/13 9:08 am - west columbia, SC

how is everything going with you!

ms.teehaskins
on 5/23/13 9:14 am - west columbia, SC

no what is that?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/23/13 9:36 am - OH

It is a name brand of a phentermine formulation, which is basically just speed (an amphetamine) and can be dangerous and addictive.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.