My last Nut appt today!

Beyl689
on 6/10/13 11:46 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13
I had my 6th month nut visit today which means I am done with the supervised weight loss and have met my goal! My goal set by the nut was 15 lbs And I lost 27.5! They said that now they have to submit everything to the insurance company this week and then we will wait some more. Just curious as to how long or what happened at this point of everyone else's journey. Thanks!
poet_kelly
on 6/10/13 12:27 pm - OH

How long depends on how fast your surgeon's office submits the info and then how long your insurance company takes to review it.  Could be a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

My insurance didn't pre-approve WLS so I didn't have to wait for that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missella20
on 6/10/13 10:06 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

My insurance acceptance was about a week. And then I got a surgery date a week after that for 6 weeks out.

Good Luck!!

Ella

PetHairMagnet
on 6/11/13 12:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Great work on the weight loss! It really depends on the insurance company you have. In my area, BCBS is known for being REALLY fast while Aetna and UHC are known for taking up to 3 weeks. I have Aenta and thankfully did not have to go the full 3 weeks, but I got a surgery date that was about 10 days out from my approval, only because I had already started the liquid diet. Then there was a snafu at the hospital and I got pushed out so I was on it for 22 days, but hey--just gave me a better head start, so no complaints! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!