Showers, pre-op

jrjohnsonrn
on 6/20/13 9:26 pm - IA

Has anyone had to take showers twice a day for one week pre-op?  My clinic has all their patients do this--seems pretty overkill to me, not to mention getting dry skin, but I will follow the doctors orders.  T

Katie K.
on 6/20/13 9:27 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I was just told to use antibacterial soap.

poet_kelly
on 6/20/13 9:34 pm - OH

I wasn't told that.  Did they ask you to use antibacterial soap?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jrjohnsonrn
on 6/20/13 9:36 pm - IA

They didn't specify a type of soap except the last 2 showers I take are with Hibicleanse--

evabiggilall
on 6/20/13 9:54 pm - TX
RNY on 10/31/12

I was given 2 antibacterial soaps from the hospital to use it also had a scrub thing on the soap bar and was told to use it the night before and the morning of my surgery and to use no lotions or creams, perfume, deodorant, lip balm....which was really hard for me lol.

RNY October 31, 2012.  

VintageChick
on 6/20/13 10:08 pm
No cleansing instructions at all. But I scrubbed myself with hibicleanse the last couple of days before surgery, anyway. I work in a hospital and wanted to be certain I was pretty well cleansed of anything I could've pick up.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/20/13 11:33 pm - OH

For my RNY I was told just to use an antibacterial soap for the two days prior to my surgery (but my surgery was open, and planned that way).  For my recent knee replacement, I was given a particular wash and told to use it on my whole body the NIGHT before surgery and again the day of surgery right before I reported to the hospital.

I have never heard of twice a day for an entire week, though.  Perhaps your surgeon just likes to take extra precautions against infections, or perhaps the facility (s)he uses has had an issue with something recently.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/21/13 3:34 am - CT

Sorry to hijack this thread but ****rogirl I wanted to ask how you were doing with your kidney stones.  Sorry!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/21/13 4:22 am - OH

I had the lithotripsy done on Wednesday and am feeling MUCH better.  Thanks for asking!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

chulbert
on 6/20/13 11:44 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I can imagine this is intended to guard against MRSA (also called ORSA) but I wasn't asked to do it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 412 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 178 views
Recent Topics