Concentration?

TheThr33
on 7/10/13 7:33 am - CA
Hello, I was wondering how your concentration was at a week and a half out. I'm having surgery August 7th and classes start August 19th. I'm wondering if it'll be possible to function, or if I should skip this semester.
angeleigh
on 7/10/13 7:40 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

You should be fine, might still be in some pain. But mentally you will be fine. When I had rny, it was the first month of classes. I only did 2 but I didnt do seated classes so I could work on a lot of it ahead of time. By day 4 I was working on it again.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/10/13 7:55 am

I was really tired for first 4-5 weeks.  After that I did better but still needed frequent breaks. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

PetHairMagnet
on 7/10/13 8:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I led a major program review board the day after I returned to work, which was one week after surgery. In addition to the extensive presentation that is prepared and delivered, more than a dozen senior leaders from various areas within my vertical all ask questions that come to mind during the presentation. I had to be sharp, on point and accurate without fail. I had no issues and that was my 'test' if you will, for concentration.

Personally, I would not take a semester off--it is pretty hard to get back in the groove when you do.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

_nicky_
on 7/10/13 10:19 am - OK
RNY on 06/25/13

I think this answer will be different for everyone and dependent on how your surgery goes and your body etc. For example if you have to be on pain meds for longer than expected you can't drive and they may make you very sleepy. I would say to give it a try but be aware it may not go perfectly or you may be just fine. Good luck!

5'6"   HW: 297   SW: 274   CW: 194   GW: 135

Total loss: 103 lbs    Surgery loss: 80 lbs    Left to lose: 59 lbs

TheThr33
on 7/10/13 11:36 am - CA

Thank you all for the replies. I think I'll give it a go. It's only three classes and one is on line. Plus I have until September 1st to drop and still get a refund. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics