Good snack choices ?

AlohaJen
on 7/10/13 4:15 am
RNY on 09/05/12

For some of you that are vets at this, what are some of the good choices you have made when you needed a snack?  I am almost a year out and I can feel some of those old cravings sometimes, so I like to have good alternatives at home when the craving**** any suggestions?  Thanks....

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 4:17 am - OH

Greek yogurt, protein shakes, veggies with hummus, fresh or frozen fruit, cheese, leftovers from a meal.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/10/13 4:47 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband loves the Salt and Vinegar Blue Diamond Almonds. They absolutely satisfy his salty tooth. :) Just 10 and he's all set!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 5:10 am - OH

The butter toffee flavored almonds are delicious!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AuntSugar
on 7/10/13 4:48 am - La Verne, CA

Little meatballs  are  my favorite.  I looked online and found some awesome Asian meatballs made with soy sauce, water chestnuts and ginger.  Just google Meatballs and you will find a number of different recipes.  Usually, one or two will take care of my hunger.  I make they with a melon baller, so they are tiny.  YUM!  I also like string cheese, left-overs, 1/3 of a protein bar, low sodium ham or turkey, a few shrimp.  I keep my shrimp in the freezer and run them under cold water to thaw when I want a few.  It only takes a few minutes.  I keep veggies around for a quick filler, too.  I love a really small salad with one baby portabella mushroom and a sprinkle of grated cheese.  I'm weird because I can eat salad w/o dressing.  Just enough to kill the hunger.

Carol M.
on 7/10/13 4:59 am - OH
RNY on 04/10/13

I like dry roasted edamame. It is crunchy and lightly salted and the best part is it has 14 grams of protein in 1/4 cup. It also comes in wasabi flavor if you like it really spicey.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/10/13 5:20 am - OH

I try to make sure all of my snacks have a combination of protein, carbs, and a little fat (keeps my blood sugar under control), so sometimes I have to combine two items to accomplish that.

My usual snacks are cheese (alone or with some whole grain crackers), Greek yogurt, almonds or cashews, microwaved turkey pepperoni, a small amount of fruit, a deli meat and cheese roll-up, or some low fat meatballs (homemade).

If I need something salty and crunchy I usually go for some popcorn with very limited butter. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

VintageChick
on 7/10/13 10:50 am

I am so happy to see popcorn on here. I was concerned about the hulls and expected it to be a food I would never have again. This males me a happy girl. Of course at 8 weeks out, I'll be waitng a good long while. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/10/13 5:54 am

protein shake, cheese, nuts,hard boiled eggs, precut veggies. - that is to grab and go snacks.

Greek yogurt with prot+ fruits, or SF preserves on cheese, or cheese with fruits,... 

Protein ice cream, protein cookies or muffins... (made then then freeze or keep some in a fridge ) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

karenp8
on 7/10/13 6:30 am - Brighton, IL

Greek yogurt,almonds or roasted edamame are my favorites.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views