cross addiction-looking for support

SteveWebb
on 7/23/13 4:30 am - NC

I am not going to be shy about what I think.  I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  I am fortunate not to have those addictions.  I understand that others suffer from them.  I believe the only hope any of us have for Salvation and deliverance from sin and addictions is from Christ alone.  While he doesn't promise us a bed of roses he does promise to carry our burdens.  I suggest seeking out a good Pastor who can counsel and give you spiritual support.  God loves you and wants the best for you and your family.  I pray you find the help you need and live a long healthy, happy life.  God bless you.

LadyLilMax
on 7/23/13 10:09 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Amen!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Sherry T.
on 7/23/13 4:39 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Praying for you and hope that you get the support you need.  You are worth so much more and your family needs you.  It will be worth it.  Trust me.  I won't go into specifics but I am glad you are reaching out.  I recently lost someone from alcohol addiction.  There are so many unanswered questions of what could have been if he'd gotten straightened out.  I thought he was so much stronger.  

Much Love and hugs to you!

Sherry

addict05
on 7/23/13 5:15 am - IL

Thank you so much everyone for all of the prayers and support! I'm going to need it. 

nfarris79
on 7/23/13 5:20 am - Germantown, MD

No harsh comments here, just applauseangry. Those in recovery are some of the bravest individuals I've had the pleasure of working with and just as WLS is not easy, so is MH recovery.... I wish you the best in all you're facing! You have great strength in you!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/23/13 5:39 am - Belleville, IL

To Addict05...Just wanted to give you this huge (((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))) of support and a prayer of strength for you my friend. One day at a time is all we can ask for.  ((((((extra hugs))))))

Warmly,

Ducky

cajungirl
on 7/23/13 5:41 am

Sorry you had a relapse.  Kim said is VERY well.......

Keep your spirits and strength up and continue to seek help as you are doing now, including therapy.  Cross addictions are VERY REAL, not only for those that had addictions before surgery (even years before) but someone that may never have had to deal with alcohol, drug, shopping, gambling. 

I have a very good friend that is struggling with alcohol addiction and has just recently went into a treatment center.  There are those that may believe it won't happen to them, it very well could my friend never was much of a drinker before surgery.  She even told me she NEVER even considered cross-addiction being a problem for her, even though she had researched and saw it could happen.

I come from a family of alcoholics and was married to one for 16 years.  I am super diligent in watching any consumption of alcohol. 

I applaud you for recognizing you need help and not bury your head in the same (so to speak).

Big HUGS and lots of positive thoughts going up for you.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

karenp8
on 7/23/13 7:37 am - Brighton, IL

Praying for strength for you and your ability to get the help you need. I am proud of you for being so open and honest. We are here for you.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics