dealing with recurrent stomach ache's

Momma1991
on 7/26/13 9:30 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I am almost 4 months out.  About once a week I deal with this nasty stomach ache that topples me over in pain. Sometimes with this stomach ache I get a wave of nausea or sometimes diarrhea. But this week I have dealt with this nasty stomach ache twice. Two days ago it was the nasty toppling stomach ache with the wave of nausea. Today I have this nasty stomach ache again that is causing diarrhea. Its so painful I don't know what to do. I am not eating or drinking anything with sugar so I know its not dumping syndrome. Even a glass of water will irritate my stomach some days. I know it's not gallbladder related because I already had that taken out almost 2 months ago. I don't know why  suffer with this once or twice a week.... Anyone else out there suffering with the same? What could it be?

CPA_Loser
on 7/26/13 9:41 am - WA
I am pre-op...but my surgeon mentioned that we should be cautious with the amount of artificial sweeteners we eat. I am not sure if you are eating a lot of these? Is there a pattern you can find? like you eat the same things every time or something? I hope you feel better!!
Karen518
on 7/26/13 11:31 am

Could it be lactose intolerance?

Bibo
on 7/27/13 6:22 am

It could be...try leaving the lactose out and see how you feel.   It couldn't hurt as long as you are still getting the other nbutrients. It could also be a surgical complication..that is exactly how i felt when I got my ulcer at the staple line. Probably worth a call to your doc just to check it out.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 483 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 483 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics