Isn't this site supposed to be supportive??

cajungirl
on 8/4/13 10:37 am

I've been really busy so not pending as much time on OH. I was also getting cranky at some post/posters and really needed a break. 

So to hijack this post a little, how are you feeling?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

illinois Gama D.
on 8/4/13 11:01 am

I am doing  so much better, There is a life that does not include pain and vomiting:),It will be a slow recovery with so much being done but DR and I are both thrilled so far, It is like being a newbie again, sip, chew, chew, very small bites, back to the beginning, I didn't have to have a feeding tube so I was tickled pink! I am able to take all the vitamins again but surgeon wants me to stay on protein drinks  for the added nutrition so I don't become malnourished again. so far so good, thanks for checking in, , hugs, Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

sarah_durso
on 8/3/13 2:58 am

Well , I think some people use tough love a lot on here. You know if you're eating pork rinds at 3 weeks out and wondering why your scales not moving . Then yeah you're going to get some comments.   But for the most part the comments have been helpful. A few can come off harsh but I also think they mean well. If you're really offended block them.  

SteveWebb
on 8/3/13 9:01 am - NC

I have been on here for about one month.  I rarely see anyone ripping someone apart.  I find this site to be great and very supportive.  I'm going through my journey to get to surgery and will continue to find support here.  Sometimes we, and I mean all of us can be to sensitive at times.  Take the good with the bad and stay on the road to greater health.  Remember, most of the people here are rooting for you and want you to succeed.  God Bless you, Steve

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/13 11:21 pm
illinois Gama D.
on 8/3/13 10:38 am

I have always thought and said :if you want warm & fuzzy " say so, someone will give it to you, I do not ever recall reading a vet say they knew it all, or have all the answers, If someone comes here asking for advise it is never just the vets who answer. One again I reiterate,, this is a public forum, if you put it all out there, well you better be prepared to hear all the replies, everyone of us is different, we all have different thoughts, I guess take what you want and leave the rest would be a good motto for here. 

Rny 2003

VintageChick
on 8/3/13 10:45 am

Eat the cherry, spit out the pit. In other words, take what's meaningful to you and toss the rest. :)

lap RNY 5-15-13

illinois Gama D.
on 8/3/13 10:46 am

DITTO, LOVE IT:)

Rny 2003

Don 1962
on 8/4/13 9:54 am

Wisest thing I've read in this entire thread! 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

HealthyHaley
on 8/3/13 8:37 pm

I think it''s great to have the point of view of someone who is way far post-op. I like to pick to their brains. Sometimes, though, I think they forget that every surgeon may be different. Things change from 2, 3, 5, 10 years ago, ya know? I do appreciate the helpful advise, though.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 486 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics