Think it's a stricture?

Shirley O.
on 8/1/13 12:13 pm - NM

I'm almost 2 years out and doing great, but things have been different last 2 1/2 weeks.  It seems to be getting worse so I think I'll have to break down and go to doctor.

First week or so, feeling nauseous several times a day.  Haven't thrown up, but am a person who rarely does that.  Nausea continues, not constantly,but several times a day.  Last 2-3 days, pain when I swallow--seems to go down my esophagus just to right of mid center of body. Whole area hurts more.  Last night disappeared while lying down and started again this morning when I got up.  Sensations are lasting longer & longer--today almost all day.  Much more burping last two weeks.

To complicate matters, last week I missed a curb & fell & hit concrete and had to have stitches in head, no concussion & no broken bones & no problem with knee replacement knee I hit hard on concrete.  Really fortunate.  Next day I had to go to dentist with pain in tooth and have abcessed tooth  so I'm on antibiotics for that.

Do you think it's a stricture after all of this time?

Thanks,

Shirley

HW 280, SW 240, CW 135

Karen8268
on 8/1/13 12:39 pm - NH
RNY on 10/02/12
I definitely think its time to get to the Dr. and find out what is causing it!
Feel better

poet_kelly
on 8/1/13 10:12 pm - OH

Doesn't really sound like a stricture.

A stricture usually doesn't cause pain, and if it did, the pain would not be in your esophagus.  A stricture would probably cause vomiting when you ate, since food would not be able to exit the pouch.

But it sounds like something is wrong.  I would see your doc as soon as possible.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics